No announcement yet.

Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fine. you believe the optics, i'll believe who they get their paychecks and marching orders from. sucker.
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

I think it's hilarious that we have a double government shutdown right now. The government is shutdown and the weather is causing a shutdown. https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...urrent-status/

Of course, it's not really closed, it's just the offices themselves. Contractors and whoever else are teleworking. But I still think it's funny to think about, it's like double locking your e30.
      AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
        yeah i told him that three fucking times now but his dunning-kruger is strong this week and it's got a good grip on his preconceived notions not backed up by any kind of actual experience or involvement.

coast guard is "law enforcement, essential". they rate the same as federal prison guards and TSA during a shutdown. they don't get paid, but they keep working. that is what is happening to all 3 workforces right now.

it's also why army/navy/marines/usaf are *still getting paid*. because guess what? that's your actual military!

did you meet a coastie on grindr or something, sleeve?
        past:
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
          yeah i told him that three fucking times now but his dunning-kruger is strong this week and it's got a good grip on his preconceived notions not backed up by any kind of actual experience or involvement.

coast guard is "law enforcement, essential". they rate the same as federal prison guards and TSA during a shutdown. they don't get paid, but they keep working. that is what is happening to all 3 workforces right now.

it's also why army/navy/marines/usaf are *still getting paid*. because guess what? that's your actual military!

did you meet a coastie on grindr or something, sleeve?
          Seems he is the personification of the joke, I refuse reality and substitute my own.

Sad.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

When the Military and the US Federal Govt refer to Coasties as one of the 5 branches of the US ARMED SERVICES who are we to argue. Again they are part of the DHS because the DoD and the joint Chiefs of staff dont have operational authority with in the "homeland" only an advisory role. As the Coast Guards primary role is Guarding the Coast and life saving services, a DoD classification would remove their capacity to operate with US coastal and territorial waters as laid out in the Godwater-Nichols act.

thats fine,. I am sure when you walk into your local coatstie recruiting office you will be treated to a job interview where they ask you about your biggest weakness and talk about your resume' and then contact you a few days latter with a job offer of "At will employment" Vs getting an enlistment contract with the word Navy crossed out and Coast Guard written in, that once singed you dont get to change your mind about who you want to to work for.

Nahhh growing up, one of my dads neighbors, was a retired coastie O4 or O5 from what I remember.
            Last edited by mrsleeve; 01-14-2019, 11:28 AM.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              thats fine,. I am sure when you walk into your local coatstie recruiting office you will be treated to a job interview where they ask you about your biggest weakness and talk about your resume' and then contact you a few days latter with a job offer of "At will employment" Vs getting an enlistment contract with the word Navy crossed out and Coast Guard written in, that once singed you dont get to change your mind about who you want to to work for.

Nahhh growing up, one of my dads neighbors, was a retired coastie O4 or O5 from what I remember.
              I see the neighbor of a relative decades ago was a coastie school. Why didn't you say so sooner? Obviously, this makes you an expert.

Do tell, if one of us used this logic how many paragraphs of ripped up ass would you throw down?

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

'Tidal Wave': Hundreds Of Coast Guard Families Show Up To Pop-Up Boston Food Pantry

The group running a pop-up pantry says nearly 200 families stopped in to help themselves to food in the first few hours. Diapers and baby food are in high demand.

Commandant tells Coast Guard families: ‘You have not, and will not, be forgotten’

Comment

Of course they wont be forgotten they will get paid just like everyone else. But they are enlisted personal with no recourse for alternate employment so they should be getting paid like the rest of the military.

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                  I see the neighbor of a relative decades ago was a coastie school. Why didn't you say so sooner? Obviously, this makes you an expert.

Do tell, if one of us used this logic how many paragraphs of ripped up ass would you throw down?
                  1) I know a couple of guys that were/are CG.

2) thats not the "justification" or the logic I am using.

3) I am using the Definitions from our own govt. and the coasties them selves

Originally posted by link
                  The Coast Guard is both a federal law enforcement agency and a military force, and therefore is a faithful protector of the United States in peacetime and war.

...........As one of the five Armed Services of the United States, the Coast Guard is the only military branch within the Department of Homeland Security. In addition to its role as an Armed Service, the Coast Guard is a first responder and humanitarian service that provides aid to people in distress....
                  4) I am not substituting my own reality, the reason they are not getting paid is the that congress didnt included DHS or carve out the coasties in its last "spending fix" and forgot about them too, like everyone else does including you 2 it seems. Again the sub header across the the stationary does not negate the fact the CG is a Service branch of the US military, and has been considered as such for a long time, and their "employment contracts" are enlistment terms, not at will employment contracts, where you can walk off when ever you want and not get tossed into a MILITARY prison for a good long while for being AWOL.
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Of course they wont be forgotten they will get paid just like everyone else. But they are enlisted personal with no recourse for alternate employment so they should be getting paid like the rest of the military.

1) I know a couple of guys that were/are CG.

2) thats not the "justification" or the logic I am using.

3) I am using the Definitions from our own govt. and the coasties them selves

4) I am not substituting my own reality, the reason they are not getting paid is the that congress didnt included DHS or carve out the coasties in its last "spending fix" and forgot about them too, like everyone else does including you 2 it seems. Again the sub header across the the stationary does not negate the fact the CG is a Service branch of the US military, and has been considered as such for a long time, and their "employment contracts" are enlistment terms, not at will employment contracts, where you can walk off when ever you want and not get tossed into a MILITARY prison for a good long while for being AWOL.
                    There go those goalposts again. Don't you get tired moving them?

Make up your mind. If they are military they are getting paid. They are not so.....

Gather your neighbors fingers and toes and cypher that math.

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                      I think it's hilarious that we have a double government shutdown right now. The government is shutdown and the weather is causing a shutdown. https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...urrent-status/

Of course, it's not really closed, it's just the offices themselves. Contractors and whoever else are teleworking. But I still think it's funny to think about, it's like double locking your e30.
                      Still one of the great forgotten features of the e34, the double lock, along with the custom windshield wiper delay.

Comment

Of course they wont be forgotten they will get paid just like everyone else.
                        i wonder if we could find anyone who's heard that from drumpf before.
                        Last edited by decay; 01-15-2019, 03:58 AM. Reason: felt like it
                        past:
                        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                        1985 323i baur
                        current:

Comment

"I've never worked for Russia" seems to be in line with "I've never said Mexico would pay for the wall" or "I have no knowledge of any payments to that lady"... We all know what really happened. ;-)

Trumpnocchio keeps on giving, day after day... He's definitely great entertaiment... ;-)
                          Last edited by Massive Lee; 01-15-2019, 08:47 AM.
                          Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

I thought the Presidential Dinner with Clemson was laughable. I wasn't sure it was real at first!

It's only funny though because you can't make this shit up. The images of guys lighting huge golden candelabras over boxes of Filet-O-Fish's is

1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

It's fucking silly, but the players enjoyed it, so no harm no foul.

Misspelling 'hamburgers' though, is classic Trump.

#hamberders
                              I do things.

Comment

Too bad the McRib wasn’t back, them shits are so good. They really missed out by not having them. I personally would have had more fun eating fast food with the president than a formal sit down.

Trump does plenty to be criticized, this ain’t it. Haters ought to pick there battles more carefully, when you criticize every little thing it just becomes background noise.

Comment

Working...
                                X