No announcement yet.

Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post secondary education also creates a better society, why the arbitrary line the sand deciding which level of education qualifies as "basic" and what serves the individual better than society as a whole? Why do the same "rights" not apply evenly?

These aren't rights, these are things people stood up and made enough noise about so they became law to offer and enforce. It doesn't make them inherently better nor does it make them a right as being referred to in this discussion.

Comment

I never said education was a right, I argued that it was a law, therefore it should be followed.

The separation between primary and secondary education was probably created more so by the old aristocratic separations that existed when public education was born. The college or university was initially a private organization, which could accept or deny whoever they wanted. So there's your line in the sand. Once land grant public college came along you could argue that the line became arbitrary because these weren't tuition free.

I think my point still remains, people argued for publicly funded primary education and that became law. If you don't like it, argue against it, change the law to reflect your view. I think you'd be doing a disservice to the country by doing so, however, people do have that ability if they care so deeply about it.

As far as education being a right, you could argue that in order to practice your first amendment rights of free speech and expression you'd need to have some level of education, or in order to pursue life, liberty, and happiness you'd need to have some level of education as well. If it isn't a right it is closely attached to those rights that are paramount to American society.

The way that you are justifying your belief that education isn't a right is that publicly funded primary education became law because people argued for it. Many of the Amendments that are included in the Bill of Rights came to be specifically in this same fashion. Searches and Seizures, Representation in a Civil Trial, etc, these were fought for rather than inherent like free speech or expression.

Comment

Trump wants to get rid of ebt cards and instead replace it with boxes of American produced meat, produce and such. It helps farmers, should help people eat healthier and in the summer time they would get seasonal produce.

Before you whiney democrats pipe up, yes I'm going to assume they will have options to pick from. Think of it like a hood rat version of blue apron.

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
          Trump wants to get rid of ebt cards and instead replace it with boxes of American produced meat, produce and such. It helps farmers, should help people eat healthier and in the summer time they would get seasonal produce.

Before you whiney democrats pipe up, yes I'm going to assume they will have options to pick from. Think of it like a hood rat version of blue apron.
          The proposed changes to food stamps, now called SNAP, would be drastic: About half the benefits would be boxed-up, nonperishable foods. Recipients would lose a lot of their ability to pick their food.

"Under the proposal, most SNAP recipients would lose much of their ability to choose the food they buy with their SNAP benefits"

"The boxes would not include fresh fruits or vegetables."

does anyone else remember the outrage when former first lady obama just *suggested* we eat healthier?

how in the holy fuck does any small-gov't conservative get on board with a program that literally lets the gov't dictate what the poor get to eat?
          past:
          1989 325is (learner shitbox)
          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
          1985 323i baur
          current:
          1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Well that's easy - they don't care so long as it's their guys doing it. The amount of hypocrisy coming out of the GOP is staggering.
            sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
              Well that's easy - they don't care so long as it's their guys doing it. The amount of hypocrisy coming out of the GOP is staggering.
              Actually I wouldn't care what party does boxed food. People that have an ebt card get to buy energy drinks and other useless unhealthy shit. When I see someone buying energy drinks, candy and chips with an ebt card at 7 11 it tells me they don't really need the card because the amount they get on the card gives them enough to go buy real food for a month at the grocery store. It very well could cut down on people getting on welfare, or getting them off it.

Comment

I think anything to get people off of government hand outs is good. Drug tests and gov cheese and powdered milk sounds fine. My parents made so little in the military, when i was little, we had powdered milk and stuff like that. I see food stamp people at the supermarket getting two shopping carts of food and than Putting it in their cadillac suv while i have to get basics and drive an old car.

(I don't mind an old car but two carts of food for a freeloader and hardly any for normal working people is bullshit)

Comment

Actually I wouldn't care what party does boxed food. People that have an ebt card get to buy energy drinks and other useless unhealthy shit. When I see someone buying energy drinks, candy and chips with an ebt card at 7 11 it tells me they don't really need the card because the amount they get on the card gives them enough to go buy real food for a month at the grocery store. It very well could cut down on people getting on welfare, or getting them off it.
                  apparently you missed the part where i quoted "no fresh fruit or veggies".

justify your argument that the gov't should choose shitty food for them rather than allowing them to pick their own.
                  past:
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                    apparently you missed the part where i quoted "no fresh fruit or veggies".

justify your argument that the gov't should choose shitty food for them rather than allowing them to pick their own.
                    Yeah I misunderstood the guy that told me, he said it was like blue apron.

Do you see how shitty poor people/people that continually make bad decisions eat? Do you see the shit they have in their carts, or the 20 bucks they spend on junk food at 711? Giving them half of their allowance as non perishable food isn't bad, maybe they can learn how to actually make something that resembles a real meal vs hamburger helper with extra noodles and half a lb of Velveeta added to it. Perhaps adding some recipes will help them too. I really wish it were weekly thing that had fresh produce and meat.

Again we fall back to welfare is meant to help you get back on your feet, not support you for years on end, it sure isn't meant to give you the ability to buy an energy drink everyday. If you don't like it, maybe you should get off welfare so you can buy what you want. I'm also a supporter of these people getting drug tests and doing some type of community labor to get the ebt card, and at least do something for the community.

Comment

ok so your argument is based on 1.) hearsay and 2.) the anecdotal evidence you see at your local small-town WA 7-eleven.

if that isn't a sound basis for social policy, i don't know what is.
                      past:
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                        ok so your argument is based on 1.) hearsay and 2.) the anecdotal evidence you see at your local small-town WA 7-eleven.

if that isn't a sound basis for social policy, i don't know what is.
                        I know lots of poor people, they eat like shit. I see it in their houses, I see it in their carts at the grocery store...bad choices all day every day

I like how you assume I live/have lived my life in a tiny ass town and that is all I know. Keep being stupid bub.

Comment

I know lots of poor people, they eat like shit. I see it in their houses, I see it in their carts at the grocery store...bad choices all day every day

I like how you assume I live/have lived my life in a tiny ass town and that is all I know. Keep being stupid bub.

But you never judge.....

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                            But you never judge.....
                            Has mask boy been to where I live?

Comment

Has mask boy been to where I live?

This makes less sense than most of your posts.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                                This makes less sense than most of your posts.
                                He knows what I'm talking about. Perhaps it wasnt meant for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X