DD 318is comfort Build & Track prep 325is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DD 318is comfort Build & Track prep 325is

Been into the Subaru scene for some time now, but always had my eyes on the e30 and the m3 e30 of course and decided to dive in about 3 year ago into a 84 318i fixed up until my neighbor decided he wanted it. Got into a 87 vert for a little and then sold it and found my current 318is that I fell in love with! I haven't got the bug to modify one of these yet but I've been looking for a clean sedan to start. Purpose built for Daily duties and pure comfort!

Goal for now is to find the rest of the zender/ acs kit and find a spare set of 51mm strut housing so I have zero down time for GC coilover conversion. When this m42 decides to poop out on me the typical s52 will be obtained and put in since I want a carb legal car.

As of 2019 and the start of the track build

Some photos I've compiled over the last two years. Let me know what you guys think :D

Day I got her she was really clean rust free and oxidation preserved some good looking paint with very little flaws.
    Took her to work and racked it up and made a list of what needed replacing and replaced all the worn bits, suspension, drivetrain, and engine related and made her 100% leak free along with fixing the odometer and cleaned up all the contacts on the cluster driving home the car was overheating lol. odometer broke at 215k and PO said its been that way for some time so who knows what the real actual mileage is.

First thing I did was threw on my e38 wheels from my previous car and found out spacers were needed to clear the brakes. so I found a set of spacers I had laying around and lathed them down to almost 3mm and ran them until I got hubcentric spacers and proper length studs and lugs.

Dropped it on some IE3 Springs and got is lip and splitter

ended up getting drop hats and some bracing to fix the reverse rake and blow my shocks out even quicker. the poly trans mounts came off in a day or so and ended up putting e21 mounts on. so much better

Really got tired of how bad the sealed beams were and picked up a set of Smileys or whatever the right term is and found a us spec heckblende
    and all the euro bumper trim and euro grills

decided to get some skirts and get my mirrors repainted and my lip resprayed. love how secure these skirts are and probably wont get anything else as much as I want a full zender and acs kit.

Finally found my first piece for my acs kit and it was in great condition just needed paint.

then I found another piece seller thought it was an acs rear apron even then it clearly says zender in the mold but oh well since I'm trying to complete both. never have I seen a package with such great care taken and again was in great condition so I immediately got it painted and mounted.

couldn't stand how loud the MF exhaust was so I ordered a nice SS from ecs
    and got it mounted and I didn't like how low the exhaust was and decided to modify my downpipe and just pi cut a bunch of exhaust tubing and got the sucker as tight to the body as possible till this day I have never scraped so job well done!

didn't have any shielding gas so don't judge my flux welding lol

someone decided they needed my lip more than I did so so long is lip and splitter. Had my old I lip and just had it color matched and its not so bad.

decided I was tired of looking at broken foglights and decided it was time to replace the lenses.

Interior and wheels were kinda the last finishing touch I wanted something period correct and modeled the interior after the new 911R. thought I would splurge and got napa leather and wool houndstooth inserts and bmw headliner

New wheels rubbed pretty bad on compression thanks to the treehouse lollipops. so I rolled them and problem solved.

and recently bought a new oem valance waiting to get that paint so vehicle will have no more undercoating visible!

Installed a set of e46 aluminum pedals to just get a more finished look inside.

here is how she sits now

Last edited by Spool; 01-07-2019, 12:43 AM.

uhg these photos. anyone know how I can make these smaller? using imgur

Comment

Originally posted by Spool View Post
      uhg these photos. anyone know how I can make these smaller? using imgur
      append "l" or "h" at the end of each image link, right before the extension

e.g. `https://i.imgur.com/XG1msSz.jpg` becomes `https://i.imgur.com/XG1msSzh.jpg`

("l" stands for "large", "h" stands for "huge")
      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
        append "l" or "h" at the end of each image link, right before the extension

e.g. `https://i.imgur.com/XG1msSz.jpg` becomes `https://i.imgur.com/XG1msSzh.jpg`

("l" stands for "large", "h" stands for "huge")
        Thank You Sir!

Comment

Give it some GO!

Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            I saw that and was super tempted earlier this week. Really want to stay n/a with this beauty have two other turboed cars. Love the gas mileage and realiabilty but cant wait to get ridnof the 4 banger!

Comment

I saw that and was super tempted earlier this week. Really want to stay n/a with this beauty have two other turboed cars. Love the gas mileage and realiabilty but cant wait to get ridnof the 4 banger!
              keep the m42 they are great engines

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Great looking car!

Comment

Awesome interior
                  NASA
                  BMWCCA member
                  PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
                  1997 M3 sedan
                  2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

Originally posted by ATL_E30 View Post
                    Great looking car!
                    Originally posted by e30s50dan View Post
                    Awesome interior
                    Much appreciated I wanted to do something different compared to what you see and I planned on having the leather a little darker but the sample looked dark and once the whole thing was done looked more like a saddle but nonetheless I really enjoy it especially with all the new foam very comfortable.

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                    keep the m42 they are great engines
                    Yea without a doubt I will keep the m42 until it stops running pulled the valve cover off and this motor has either recently had a head job or has been meticulously maintained zero sludge and the aluminum was still polished. want to maybe chip it to get a little extra fun. until then I refuse to make this car not reliable my Subaru and Datsun are nothing but problems with this having maybe close to 300k its done nothing but prove itself. Only problem I've has was the upper radiator breaking but plastic with that many miles I'm not surprised everything has been re-hosed and I'm hoping to have a lot of time with this motor. Looking for another e30 to get some GO!

Comment

Is that a Maserati Merak in the other space in your garage?

Comment

Originally posted by quasi mofo View Post
                        Is that a Maserati Merak in the other space in your garage?

Yea good eye. Its sad watching stuff pile up onto it.
                        As much as i try and keep stuff off of it it seems like doube the stuff is put back onto it.

Comment

Much appreciated I wanted to do something different compared to what you see and I planned on having the leather a little darker but the sample looked dark and once the whole thing was done looked more like a saddle but nonetheless I really enjoy it especially with all the new foam very comfortable.

Yea without a doubt I will keep the m42 until it stops running pulled the valve cover off and this motor has either recently had a head job or has been meticulously maintained zero sludge and the aluminum was still polished. want to maybe chip it to get a little extra fun. until then I refuse to make this car not reliable my Subaru and Datsun are nothing but problems with this having maybe close to 300k its done nothing but prove itself. Only problem I've has was the upper radiator breaking but plastic with that many miles I'm not surprised everything has been re-hosed and I'm hoping to have a lot of time with this motor. Looking for another e30 to get some GO!

Get some 4 pintle 19# injectors and a sssquid chip for it. The transformation is great. You will thank me and so will the m42. Also clean up the mess under the intake if you haven’t. Its really simple. If its likely had a head job then you timing chain and guides are likely new so no worries on those.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

...and also a M20 single mass flywheel
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                              Get some 4 pintle 19# injectors and a sssquid chip for it. The transformation is great. You will thank me and so will the m42. Also clean up the mess under the intake if you haven’t. Its really simple. If its likely had a head job then you timing chain and guides are likely new so no worries on those.
                              Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              ...and also a M20 single mass flywheel
                              Hmm you guys have peaked my interest anything i can do without introducing forced induction im game for. Im assuming torque would be the biggest outcome from these ?

Comment

Working...
                              X