Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 Lug conversion using M parts or using Max's kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 Lug conversion using M parts or using Max's kit?

I am looking to do a 5 lug conversion. I know you can use a handful off different options from E30 M3 to E36 M3/non-M parts.... but recently I have seen Max333's kit mentioned:

irp,individual racing parts,irp parts,irp racing parts,drift racing parts,drift kit,irp short shifter,tuning parts,performance parts,drift suspension

How do people feel about this setup?

On a slight side note, but related, what 5 lug brake setup is suggested to fit in Style 15 wheels, but also preform well under speed? The car won't be tracked, but it will have an S54.

I went the e36 m3 route and didn't like the way the handling felt after. If I could do it over I would buy the kit.

Comment

I've also been looking at this kit and fancy the idea, but not found much feedback.

Comment

I run a similar kit on my track only E30 and it works fine for what it is. Great for street car and performs well on track, but the delicacy required to change hubs makes it less than ideal. On a street car, where you won't be going through them as much it's no problem. E36 stuff would also be fine for a street car, on track is where you start running into problems with that stuff IMO
        - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

I did a similar hub sleeve kit. Bigger brakes was the primary reason. Ended up being ~$1500 for 4 corners and a working stock handbrake, a bit cheaper than buying a 4 lug bbk front and rear setup. Now I’m sad I can’t run e30 specific 4 lug wheels like og Hartge or Alpinas. Fitment is a bit harder, front wheels tend to poke just a bit vs stock offset. I would do it again.
          Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
          A Topless Memorandum

Comment

I have a similar kit, doesn't widen the track that much tho. In my opinion the best way to do a 5-lug swap and get bigger brakes.
            Well spent 400-500$ for all of the parts, hub conversion sleeves + nuts + caliper adapters, e36 M3 calipers, e46 330i discs and new hubs.
            https://www.instagram.com/m1ckee_/

Comment

Working...
            X