M90 and M30 hybrid options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Good & Tight View Post
    You can port the M90 intake side to match the B35 intake manifold. That's what I did.
    Switch to the B35 cam to make the distributor work.

Mr Otis, Do you have trouble keeping the intake manifold sealed to the head? There is not a lot of meat left on the sides of the port to support a gasket.
    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
      OK. Here are the details on my friends build. M90 block, B35 crank and rods, 94mm VW pistons, stockish B35 head with schrick 284 cam. Thick M90 headgasket ( i remember 1.7mm thin and 2.1mm thick)

The block and the deck were not cut much, the thick headgasket was needed to get piston to head and valve to piston clearance to be (barely) in the safe range. Piston sticks out of the deck 1mm or so. Compression ratio is at 9.0 to 1 ish.
      Hmm....Nice. I'm kind of formulating what I want to do in my head. It'd have to put down more than a stock B35, since that's what I've got now.
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
        So, do you think Motronic 1.3 cam and intake/injectors/management is better enough than L-Jetronic everything to justify the upgrade? Will I need a Miller MAF/WAR chip or some other piggyback to tune it?
        I've never used the 1.3 Motronic, Megasquirt only, but I've read that switching to it is an upgrade.
        I would search around mye28.com it has tons of info.

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
        Mr Otis, Do you have trouble keeping the intake manifold sealed to the head? There is not a lot of meat left on the sides of the port to support a gasket.
        No issues at all, even at 26psi.
        Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

Working...
        X