e30 Car horn not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 Car horn not working

Hey guys... Where should I begin if My car horn is not working on my 88' 325iX? I have checked the fuse and it seems fine.. The only reason I meed to fix it is to pass inspection. Should I just install a temporary one for it to work and so i cam pass or what? Also where is the horn located on my model I cant find it! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have someone press the horn button on the steering wheel while you listen for the relay clicking. If it does click then your horns are dead. They are simple to replace. You can buy replacement horns from many places for about $10/ea. Horns are located up front. Remove the splash guard, craw under, and you can see them...one on each side.

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
      Have someone press the horn button on the steering wheel while you listen for the relay clicking. If it does click then your horns are dead. They are simple to replace. You can buy replacement horns from many places for about $10/ea. Horns are located up front. Remove the splash guard, craw under, and you can see them...one on each side.

Thanks!

Comment

Does anyone know if this relay is good for the horn relay??

Bosch Multi Purpose Relay InStock Ships Today!. Call (310)626-8765. May Qualify For FREE SHIPPING. Parts# 0 332 019 456 0-332-019-456 0.332.019.456 0332019456 3165142606262 61 36 1 378 238 61-36-1-378-238 61.36.1.378.238 61361378238. E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E3, E30, E31, E32, E34, E36, E38 <a href=

Comment

Originally posted by park123xyz View Post
          Does anyone know if this relay is good for the horn relay??

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...orter=date_new

Yes, Bosch standardized relays. That one will work fine.

Comment

is there a connection in the steering wheel that can also fail?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by long tall eta View Post
              is there a connection in the steering wheel that can also fail?
              Yes, depending on the wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                Yes, depending on the wheel.
                mine's not working, relay is good and i doubt if both horns quit at the same time. sport wheel.
                sigpic

Comment

mine's not working, relay is good and i doubt if both horns quit at the same time. sport wheel.
                  The sport wheel has connectors inside the button. Pull the button off and make sure they are connected and not corroded or loose.

How do you test to make sure the relay was good?

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                    The sport wheel has connectors inside the button. Pull the button off and make sure they are connected and not corroded or loose.

How do you test to make sure the relay was good?
                    swapped relay with known working one. don't now if it maters but the wheel is an mt1
                    sigpic

Comment

swapped relay with known working one.
                      Perfect. Make sure everything inside the horn button is connected up.

Comment

Working...
                      X