Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M42 Profile Gasket

Guys,

I am currently looking for an E30 318iS but so far, all of the owners that I have spoken to have not been able to find evidence that the profile gasket has been changed. Can anyone please tell me if there was any special stamping and/ or abbreviations that the dealers used in the logbooks (or in the engine bay itself) to signify that the profile gasket has been changed?

If you can help me out please do so as I am having this problem with every owner that I speak to and would really like to resolve it, thanks heaps guys,

--Pete

any help would be much appreciated guys

Comment

i'm sure someone can help me... come on guys, I really need this info ASAP... as always, any help is much appreciated,

thanks,

--Pete

Comment

It's difficult to say if there will be a sticker because you are in Aus. The only country that would mandate a sticker would probably be the US; but the US was the only country that BMW didn't do a recall on the gasket.

General rule of thumb is that the original gaskets would go out around 70k miles, so if the car has much more than that I think you'd be safe to assume it's been done.
        Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

but the US was the only country that BMW didn't do a recall on the gasket.
          Actually AUS didn't have a recall on the gasket which worries me as to if it has been done on certain cars or not...

As well as that, what also worries me is that I am currently looking at a car that has done just over 70k miles and the owner is not sure if it has been done or not (second owner that is).

Any other ideas? Do the dealerships have a list of all of the VIN's of all of the 318iS's that they changed the gasket on or should I just contact (or try to contact) the original owner and see what he says?

Thanks again,
          --Pete

Comment

Working...
          X