anyone with m50 e30 spec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone with m50 e30 spec?

does anyone have any spec on m50 e30 0-60 .......................

Re: anyone with m50 e30 spec?

Originally posted by bmwe3
    15.3 sec

Comment

Originally posted by trent
      15.3 sec
      what an AWSOME TIME!!!
      98 M3/4/5

Comment

Originally posted by trent
        15.3 sec
        I hope you mean 1/4mile on that one :P
        He was asking for 0-60...

Comment

i think he was just being sarcastic :roll:, as was i
          98 M3/4/5

Comment

i just wanna know all around is it worth the time and money or is it better to stick with a m20

Comment

i just wanna know all around is it worth the time and money or is it better to stick with a m20
              It depends on what you use the car for...
              Originally posted by Gruelius
              and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

worth is a very very difficult to judge word when dealing with cars.....

will it improve your car a lot, yes

is it a better investment than a stroker, that's for the owner to judge

is it worth the time and money? only you can decide after finding the cost and also driving one.......

Comment

i can get the whole package m50 motor out of a e34 91 e36 motor mount arms e28 mounts everything for 1500 including exhaust fab. i just want the car to be all around faster dont care about 1/4 mile i think its worth it im gonna have it done by mid january i was going turbo but its wayyyyyy to hot out here and turbos dont like heat

Comment

well thats a dumb question if i put a motor tht makes more horsepower in my will it be faster? The world may never know.....

Comment

lol yeah m50 has 192hp m20 has 167 not even 30hp more m50 weight more i know the powerband is completely different and performance parts for a m50 are dime a dozen or you could just turbo a m20 and slap a m50 in the face lol i just wanted to know specs obviously its gonna be faster i know that

Comment

Is it really worth it??? well, I have to say that if you do all of the work yourself, sure OR buy an E30 with the transplant already done. Especially if you go S50 but those are even more money. Most people figure the M50 would just be a better platform to start out with 189HP + chip = 200HP or so, newer technology and they can add cams, larger maf, high flow injectors, etc later. And of course the torque curve in the smaller E30 would make it ideal for a daily driver but from a performance perspective the base M50 isn't that big of an improvement. One could argue it's weight offsets the extra 20HP but I don't think most people who do this conversion stop there. They typically build the engine up, turbo or supercharge the thing. Bottom line, I think it's worth it only if you do the work yourself and plan to get at least 220HP out of it. Just my opinion.
                        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I can tell you this much, If oyu ever blow the m20 your car has now, get the m50. Whether its worth it otherwise is up to you. Id personally like to do it. The m50 is a newer, smoother, more technology advanced motor and certainly wouldnt hurt in performance

Comment

If you really don't know the difference.... :roll:
                            My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

Working...
                            X