Turbo Problem I have (MAYBE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo Problem I have (MAYBE)

ok i have a 87 325e i just put in a m20b25 block and head with a ebay setup turbo. ok i had a wiring harness up in smoke so i fixed that but the car wouldnt run. it was dumping way to much fuel in the cylinder walls. so i put in a new coolant temp. sensor and put my stock injectors back in.

Now the car starts on the first turn of the key but it revs up and stays they for a bit then kicks down. I dont have the FMU hooked up yet either. but i took it for a drive and it has no power what so ever. And it spits and sputters.

I just bought a fuel injector harness and a catch can. thats what i got told at the carisle import show by a couple of people. Is this all i need ?? Any help i can get would be helpful. And i would like to put my 24lbs. injectors back in too. I am totally lost on this Completely new at this turbo stuff.

Heres a couple of pics of my setup.

you need EMS to run that properly. at the very least least, a turbo chip from TCD. Nobody who turbos their E30 ever sticks to the stock ECU for very long - it can't measure airflow above atmospheric pressure so the best you can do is fool it.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
      you need EMS to run that properly. at the very least least, a turbo chip from TCD. Nobody who turbos their E30 ever sticks to the stock ECU for very long - it can't measure airflow above atmospheric pressure so the best you can do is fool it.
      I have one with a chip already i switched it to see if the wiring fried the computer too.

Comment

you need to adjust the AFM to deal with the larger injectors.

It should run totally normal at idle even with the turbo on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jbpka06 View Post
          you need to adjust the AFM to deal with the larger injectors.

It should run totally normal at idle even with the turbo on.
          we tried adjusting the AFM and nothing happened.

Comment

did you run this motor N/A before you put it in? Are you sure the AFM is good and that the timing is good?

Comment

Are you running an "ebay turbo" or just the manifold, ic, tubing etc? The set up looks good! I hope you get it up and running properly soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mossman View Post
                did you run this motor N/A before you put it in? Are you sure the AFM is good and that the timing is good?
                no i didnt run it before i put the turbo on, the timing is perfect, and the afm i adjusted. she runs a lot better now with the 02 sensors but something is still off.

Comment

Originally posted by ethree View Post
                  Are you running an "ebay turbo" or just the manifold, ic, tubing etc? The set up looks good! I hope you get it up and running properly soon.
                  ebay turbo,manifold,IC,FMU, everything. i might not have it running for awhile now i will be taking the car off the road. goin to try something else.

Comment

I think there should be a restrictor in the vacuum line to the fmu
                    Big Mike Hunter
                    BMW Enthusiast
                    Not2Close Motorsports

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Not2C...35086986557277

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                      I think if he tried to add an aftermarket ECU at this time, when there is already something going wrong, would be disastrous.

You should re-check all the vacuum lines and sensors to make sure they're all hooked up. It sounds like a vacuum problem.

'88 325is
                      VP UT of Austin Autoholics
                      BMWCCA 380364

Comment

What about that massive vacuum leak you have on the side of your throttle body? Unless you have that epoxied up or something it may cause a little problem.

Comment

this setup has been parted out and now he has a stock m20

Comment

wait what? he took everything off? why?

Comment

yeah like months ago.
                              Ended up cracking the cylinder head. and it was mixing water and coolant.

Looks like this now..

Comment

Working...
                              X