No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn that Listerfiend. I can deal with the Crotch troll, but no bj's is a deal breaker.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
      I'm thinking I'm just gonna chill for now tho. Dating is just too much damn work.
      clearly you don't know how to pick 'em. if ya did you wouldn't see the relationship as "work".
      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
        clearly you don't know how to pick 'em. if ya did you wouldn't see the relationship as "work".

Fair enough. I guess what I mean is I'm going to wait for the right one to come around.
        Originally posted by flyboyx
        how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
        Originally posted by Northern
        beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
        Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
        Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
        '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
        Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

I finally got a hold of the faceplate for my stereo and got it to work. I was scratching my head for a bit and then remembered that my tach stopped working shortly after I got the car.

Replaced fuse 21 and all is right as rain! I have a working stereo, tach, aaaand overhead lamp.
          "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
          The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

I love lamp!!!!!!
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

have you guys ever heard of "valvetronic"? This shit is insane!
              BMW tech
              Umass Amherst
              05 wrx sti

Comment

Originally posted by e30onBBSs View Post
                have you guys ever heard of "valvetronic"? This shit is insane!
                Isn't that just like VANOS but focused on economy rather than performance? I dunno shit about VVT.
                "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
                The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

Originally posted by UlrichFennec View Post
                  Isn't that just like VANOS but focused on economy rather than performance? I dunno shit about VVT.

At idle the valves open like .1mm, and there isn't even a butterfly throttle anymore. When you mat it the valves open almost a whole 10mm holy fuuuck! There is a seperate cam to control the intake cam. It's amazing
                  BMW tech
                  Umass Amherst
                  05 wrx sti

Comment

Nonsense Thread

Originally posted by e30onBBSs View Post
                    At idle the valves open like .1mm, and there isn't even a butterfly throttle anymore. When you mat it the valves open almost a whole 10mm holy fuuuck! There is a seperate cam to control the intake cam. It's amazing

Sounds expensive when something goes wrong. Lol. Like the 30v 2.7TT S4 engines.

Paging Exodus. Lol
                    how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?

Comment

Actually, I know a bit about it lol.

Sounds like Nissan's VVEL, which I believe they were the first to do it on the 3.7s in the g37 and 370z. There's a caster cam that controls the valve lift. It is pretty awesome stuff, but makes my 2.7t look like a civic as far as cost.

At Nissan tech training we were told that any time the actuator is removed (any time the head is pulled), it must be replaced. When you install it, the computer understands it will be at a certain set point that they come from at the factory. There is no adaptation process, so once the actuator is removed from the vehicle the ECM will have no way of identifying it's exact position again, so you have to install a new one and tell the computer that it has been done. I'm sure someone has or will figure out a way around it, but thats Nissan's opinion. At $1,000 a pop dealer cost for the part alone, I decided it wasn't worth it and lost interest in owning a 370z.

They had a demo part at school that let us play with the valve lift and hold it in our hands/see with our own eyes. First thought that came to my mind was programmable cam profiles. It really is awesome stuff, at the cost of adding more than a few movable parts to fail, and the extra price of repairs as mentioned above.

EDIT: I went and learned myself sumfin'. Looks like BMW first introduced theirs in 2001.
                      Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 09-30-2015, 12:53 PM.
                      No E30 Club
                      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

soju is painful

Comment

I want an E39 touring so bad. I want a big highway car that can haul real shit and replace my mazda 3. I want to swap something like a GM LM7 or LQ9 with a T56 for teh torques and cheap/reliable GM LS qualities. I want it to be a facelift car, and a limited slip.

In other words, somebody please convince me to not buy this car:
                          www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-halifax/1999-bmw-5-series-528-it-wagon/1092662541
                          Originally posted by priapism
                          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                          Originally posted by shameson
                          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

[ATTACH]101152[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]101153[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]101154[/ATTACH]

The Build:
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

Anyone here Evo/STi fans? My buddy is looking at getting one. General consensus between the 2? I've heard that Evos are the better of the two.

Comment

meh, they are both high performance machines that will drain your wallet with repairs and fuel, even in stock form.

FWIW my buddy had an 08 Evo MR. He seemed to like it but it always seemed to have something wrong with the rear wheel bearing/brakes making noise despite never tracking or driving it hard
                                If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Working...
                                X