Gatdamn e28 no start...wait...start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gatdamn e28 no start...wait...start?

So, I went to get the red IS. No start. Tried jumping it, crank, no start.

Ended up walking it onto the dolly with the starter and a come-a-long.

Got it home and jumped it again, crank crank crank all day. Removed fuel line, not getting fuel. Shit.

Next day, got my jack and stands, lifted the rear of the car up to check voltage at the FP. Just for kicks I turn the key and BAM! Motherfucker starts right up.

Play around with it, etc, drive it around the neighborhood, park it, turn it off. Immediatly go to restart it and BAM! Starts right up.

WTF?!

Seriously, this was me yesterday:

It's not the first time it's done this. It sat at work and would start every time (with a jump sometimes). Then one day I go to move it and BAM! it no start.

Then the next week, after not touching the car, jump it, BAM! Starts right up.

I just don't want this thing to act up while my GF is driving it and I have to rescue her an hour away.
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

your self-repair system in the E28 must be glitching.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
      your self-repair system in the E28 must be glitching.
      Seriously.

I'm think going to replace the relays, etc as a starting point. Problem is I can't really diag it as it doesn't always do it, then when I go to figure it out, it starts just fine. -_-

Comment

My E34 literally did the same thing yesterday, I replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter Just in case. Its been running fine since.

07 Designio E63 AMG / 1984 318i (M20Swapped)

Comment

It's been doing fine ever since. Fires right up. I'm still leery about letting her drive it her hour commute each way, so it's sitting again. Has a few other issues I need to take care of too.

It pull thought. For a stock B34, damn.

Comment

Classic symptoms of a poor ground or failing fuel pump relay

Comment

Working...
            X