Blocking removing a coolant hose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blocking removing a coolant hose?

Has anyone blocked/removed the hose that comes off the front of the engine down to the thermostat? It seems like that just recirculates the hot coolant back through the engine which would help warm up faster but not help when the engine is actually hot.

Keep the stock system. It has worked well for 40 years, and was an improvement
    on the original 1500 system that did exactly what you describe.

The 'modern' system does a better job of keeping the engine at a constant temperature.

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

So I'm looking at my water pump and it looks as if the "fan blades" are spinning the wrong way on the water pump assuming it's spinning clockwise. I want to make sure that my belts are routed the right way but I can't find the belt routing diagram. I don't see how I could have it routed wrong but I would like to make sure.

Comment

Remember... You "sling" water off the blades, and "scoop" air with blades.
        Originally posted by codyep3
        I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
        2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
        1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
        1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
        2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
        2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
        2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
        2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
        2010 F650gs twin
        2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Originally posted by boostless View Post
          So I'm looking at my water pump and it looks as if the "fan blades" are spinning the wrong way on the water pump assuming it's spinning clockwise. I want to make sure that my belts are routed the right way but I can't find the belt routing diagram.
          Any way you routed the belt (and I'm not sure that you can route it wrong , even if you wanted to) it is still governed by the crankshaft so it's pretty impossible for the belt or the water pump to spin in the "wrong" direction.

And , yes , the normal roation of the engine is clockwise , if you look at the engine from the front.

Comment

So the correct spin direction for the water pump should be clockwise as well then? I just want to be sure.

Comment

Yes , the correct spin direction should be clockwise.

Comment

Working...
              X