Throttle switch ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle switch ?

I have power coming out of the ECU and nothing at the Throttle. If I hit the power on the battery with the ground on the center terminal of the throttle connector it will read battery voltage. When I ohm (beep setting) the outside terminal to power or ground I get nothing. Ohm them from the connector to from the ECU and I get the beep on both outside terminals. Do the wires go somewhere else besides straight to the throttle? I feel like I'm missing something.

I don't have the 5 volts at the throttle but if I put it on the beep setting it beeps on the one side when closed and on the other side when WOT.

Car is an 84 318 with a 79 320i motor. All the electrical is off of the original 318 motor/car harness

Power is only there when the engine is being cranked

Comment

Power for the tps should come from the fuel relay. Jumper the relay and see if you have power at the tps.

According to the diagram, the closed switch also goes to the idle control module.

Comment

Which pins do I need to jump at the relay? I was gonna check it to the idle control as well when I get a chance

Comment

Not sure of the physical location of the pins, but it should be pins 16-31, then put the key in run.

Comment

Working...
          X