flex disc/guibo help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flex disc/guibo help!

so im replacing my guibo and CSB and am stuck on taking off the guibo. so far i removed the three nuts of the driveshaft dampener to the guibo. all thats left are the nuts and bolts that connect the guibo and the tranny output flnge. THEY WILL NOT COME OFF. im using a 17mm open wrench and its just slipping, no the nuts arent 16mm. im using a very strong penetrant and still no luck. at this point my body is killing me and mentally had enough. why wont they budget a single bit? any suggestions? im really stumped

Originally posted by mathillois View Post
    so im replacing my guibo and CSB and am stuck on taking off the guibo. so far i removed the three nuts of the driveshaft dampener to the guibo. all thats left are the nuts and bolts that connect the guibo and the tranny output flnge. THEY WILL NOT COME OFF. im using a 17mm open wrench and its just slipping, no the nuts arent 16mm. im using a very strong penetrant and still no luck. at this point my body is killing me and mentally had enough. why wont they budget a single bit? any suggestions? im really stumped
    As you know they are locknuts, so penetrating oil may help but mainly a better wrench. Use a box wrench with a 'cheater' on it. be careful if your car is up on jackstands. don't yank on the wrench, use a steady pull. You can also try a little bit of heat on the nuts. GL
    My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Originally posted by 36brua View Post
      As you know they are locknuts, so penetrating oil may help but mainly a better wrench. Use a box wrench with a 'cheater' on it. be careful if your car is up on jackstands. don't yank on the wrench, use a steady pull. You can also try a little bit of heat on the nuts. GL
      the box wrench is the only think that fits! and a cheater would do no good since the wrench just keeps slipping.
      hopefully after leaving it thoughout the night, the penetration oil will do its job

Comment

a breaker bar or another wrench?!

Comment

Both the bolt and nut heads are 17mm, right? I usually get a box wrench on the nut head (tranny side) and a breaker bar on the bolt head. Position the box wrench so that it jams against the chassis or tranny and pull steadily with the breaker bar. You'll need to jack up the rear end and rotate the wheels to get the nuts/bolts in the ideal position for this.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
            Both the bolt and nut heads are 17mm, right? I usually get a box wrench on the nut head (tranny side) and a breaker bar on the bolt head. Position the box wrench so that it jams against the chassis or tranny and pull steadily with the breaker bar. You'll need to jack up the rear end and rotate the wheels to get the nuts/bolts in the ideal position for this.
            This is really helpful! I'm assuming you used an extension with the beaker bar correct? And yes I believe it is a 17mm but my box wrench just keeps slipping off.

Comment

Working...
            X