No announcement yet.

Painting valve cover...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you have to take it somewhere to get it powdercoated. or get a kit, and find an oven you don't intend to use for food ever again

i plan to just get mine powdercoated, and sand off the lettering. I'm thinking possibly red, but most likely black. my dad had had his valve cover powdercoated this summer, it looks great!

his motor is the bottom pic, the top pic is one of the many e30 m3's i saw at the glen. i have a bunch of pics of e30 m3's at that event, but no scanner.

I am hoping to get my valve cover done by a guy on the local forum. he's got a fully build monte in the tens, i think it may be capable of 9's now. he just finished tubbing it, and welding in a cage. here is his 330. his is the one on the right side of the pic, with the 19's

Originally posted by blunt
    can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord
      you have to take it somewhere to get it powdercoated. or get a kit, and find an oven you don't intend to use for food ever again
      so is this not a practical DIY effort? I might just order one from Korman or something.....

Comment

i have a hook up for really cheap powdercoating. so i may start exchanging valve covers and charge a fee to have them powder coated. they cna do pretty much any colour and even krinkle finish them... i'll make a post when i find out more info and how it turns out.

-cam
        Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

You really don't need to stick it in an oven if you use decent paint and clean the cover properly. I painted mine almost a year ago and it has not chipped or flaked at all. Powder coating is a bit overkill unless you are planning on powder coating everything else too..
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385
            Originally posted by Jordan
            PowderCoat or Krinkle paint.
            where's a good place to get these products?

thanks
            I've been asking that for ages :P

Comment

no shit, ive been looking for krinkle paint for a while

Comment

Working...
              X