marry kreesmus youse gais!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

marry kreesmus youse gais!

I'm on vacation for the last 2 weeks of the year spending time with the fam bam.

going to have dinner at my aunt's house for christmas eve in michigan. Flying back to texas tomorrow morn for dinner at the in laws for christmas day. we usually open our presents on christmas eve after midnight mass.

what are your traditions?
    Last edited by flyboyx; 12-24-2017, 11:42 PM.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

just got back from a candlelight service with my parents (tradition).

currently drinking beer around the tree with a fire going, about to dig into 3lbs of pot roast once my lady's done with the mashed potatoes.

open gifts tomorrow, then going for a hike and seeing some more family.

Comment

The wife and I always seem to go for a drive up as far as we can up into a remote pass to the west of us on Christmas eve or day until we reach the end of the improved road and as far as we can get with out a snow machine, so we did that this evening. Was a rare clear day for dec. and was frigid with temps in the low single digits in the valley and a bit cooler than that up high. Come home cooked up 4lbs of tri tip and mac and cheese, and got the rib roast rubbed up and prepping for tomorrow with the rest of the family. Wife put the tree up this year for the 1st time in nearly a decade, and did a bunch of decorating inside...

Gift opening sometime tomorrow..... I have gotten to spend a much of the last month at the house so its been very nice to unwind some
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

For some reason my family thinks exchanging gifts is stupid so i opened gifts from my immediate family like mom and dad last weekend and this weekend am with the grandparents until about 2 tomorrow then i gotta head back to town cause i work Tuesday.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

The only Christmas related thing I did this year was the R3V secret santa.

My immediate family doesn't do Christmas and I'm single, so Christmas is just a long weekend for me.
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I'm out here on my own. This year was a white christmas so a friend and I had some fun in the snow.. then we drove our cars around afterward!

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Christmas will be like a month long thing for me...

My MIL's birthday is on the 18th, so we had a surprise party for her the weekend prior to it. Since she lives 300 miles away and was in town for the weekend she opened the gift we got her and we opened her gifts. She got me a nice shirt from Macys, but its a super slim fit and Im not, so I have credit at Macys now lol

Flew up to my parents house for the weekend and we opened gifts yesterday. Parents (Mom really lol) bought me a Google home "I'll do anything you want and report it to Google" thing which will get returned also. My wife and I will open our gifts tonight after work since we were pooped last night when we finally got home.

My wife is half Armenian and the Armenians celebrate Christmas on Jan 6th-ish so we have another Christmas event to go to in 2 weeks... more gifts coming I think, likely something that wont fit or I dont want lol...

Seriously, Ive told people forever that all I want is tools and I never get tools...
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

^What you just described is why I'm not as into Christmas as I used to be (and also just not being a kid anymore). It's a waste of time and money buying gifts for people that don't want or need them, and it's more of a disappointment for both buyer and receiver than if the gift hadn't been bought at all.

Fortunately, I think I've kind of gotten through to my parents that this method of Christmas celebration isn't fun, and the last couple years have been better.

Comment

My tradition for the past 4 years have been working, because I work in the events industry so Christmas and New Years are a busy time for us.

This year I pulled the seniority card and forced the new guys to work this week rather than myself. Haha
                  Steve • Toronto
                  1991 318is • Brillantrot
                  Build Thread

Comment

I got an xbox one x for christmas. Its awesome.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

^
                      Hope you have a good connection, that thing has some massive file down loads, and if you are playing halo 5 your looking at nearly a 100 gigs alone.

I got a new head set and an elite controller from the wife so I have been trying to get all my updates and h4 on my 1, I hate my metered connections
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

My Christmas tradition for a few years was M20 valve adjustment, but this year it doesn't need one yet. No family or anything around so sat at the house with roommates consuming large amounts of food, alcohol and weed while watching Christmas movies and TV episodes. Scrooged, Christmas Vacation, first Simpsons, Seinfeld Festivus, Trailer Park Boys, It's Always Sunny (DID YOU FUCK MY MOM!?!), Bojack Horseman, Very Venture Christmas, Rock and Morty, and holy shit there has been a lot of South Park Christmas episodes. Got a bunch of cash and home-made cookies in the mail, definitely a better Christmas than the previous few.
                        sigpic
                        1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                          ^
                          Hope you have a good connection, that thing has some massive file down loads, and if you are playing halo 5 your looking at nearly a 100 gigs alone.

I got a new head set and an elite controller from the wife so I have been trying to get all my updates and h4 on my 1, I hate my metered connections
                          Its getting bad even on a regular Xbox One. I got Forza 7 for christmas and when I popped it in for the first time tonight it needed a 60gig update off the bat. Jesus christ!
                          Steve • Toronto
                          1991 318is • Brillantrot
                          Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                            ^

Yea my connection is great. Games download in like 45 min tops. However Forza 7 did take like 3.5 hours but it is 99.5 gigs. All the other one x enhanced games i have downloaded much much faster. I have halo 5 but don’t play it much.

I upgraded to the One X from my original xbox one that i got on release day. With that thing games took 3 hours minimum.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Someone remind me what was wrong with video games that came on a disc?

Glad I don't game anymore. Sounds like a lot of needless BS.

Comment

Working...
                              X