M20 Crank OT Marks Not Aligned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20 Crank OT Marks Not Aligned?

When replacing the timing belt; I have the cam sprocket aligned and checking the crank (either against the cover and sprocket OR with the sprocket off and checking against the block) there is about 5 degree or 1 tooth off. I am going to pull the belt and re-align them.

Is this wrong? Make sure both are in line and throw the belt on? I assume with would be better than leaving it out of line.

Also, the cam sprocket is reverse torx?? 50mm correct?
    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Align them. It is not reverse thread
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

I did just align them. I wanted a second input, so thank you.

I think I meant to say female tprx instead of reverse torx. Similar to the updated head bolts.
      20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Needs a socket female type torx drive e10 or e12 iirc
        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Working...
        X