Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What're they costs for a reliable turbo setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Jarvis... "There's also a Y-pipe adapter available that connects your two stock exhaust manifolds to a turbo flange. Kind of a cheap method, but it works too." Ive seen this, was going to try and fab my own, any idea if somone actually sells one?
    88 325is "track whore"
    99 540ia
    74 2002
    86 944 turbo

Comment

I built my current setup for around 2500-2800 (if you include clutch/driveline replacement parts, and all turborelated stuff) so you can easily build a nice setup for close to that. I'm easily pushing 300hp, considering i'm trapping at 113mph in the 1/4mi. I've got a little price breakdown on my website http://jdturbocharging.com, but it hasn't been updated in ages, so the "stage 3" setup isn't really informative.

I drive an unsprung 4-puck in my turbo 325i, and never have a problem with it in traffic. I can see how L.A. rush hour traffic would be frustrating, but other than that.

I'm using the stock PP, so pedal feel is the same, you just have to pay attention when you're pulling out of 1st gear, the rest is stock drivability IMO. I have a bone stock 325is too, so i'm basing this on a back/back comparison.

Comment

Working...
      X