Major Problem with Dynoing the Dinan E30 Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ I agree and convinced...

I'm posting videos of me racing in my e36 against my buddy (who can not spool a turbo properly if life depended on it) who was driving the e30.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...223#post358223 is the link

Comment

Are you sure the clutch wasn't slipping?

'05 E46 M3 Imolarot/Cinnamon - CURRENT
      '98 E36 M3 Estorilblau/Dove - SOLD
      '90 E30 M3 Brilliantrot/Black - SOLD
      SRS BSNS Motorsports - 24hrs of LeMons Racer

Comment

I was thinking wheelspin, but wouldn't you have heard it?
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Pretty sure the clutch wasn't slipping.. it's a new one with just over 1k total on it... also I don't know what wheelspin sounds like...

Comment

It could have been a combination of wheel/clutch slip, but i can tell from the first video when he gave it throttle the last time, the rev's just paused for a moment indicating clutch slip. If the wheels were spinning on the dyno alone, the car would have continued to rev, there wouldnt have been any pause like in the first video after your car reached full boost.

"Having won more road races than any other model in history, the E30 M3 is considered by many to be the world's most successful road race car." - Simply put, E30s kick ass.

Comment

Originally posted by jrhaile
              Pretty sure the clutch wasn't slipping.. it's a new one with just over 1k total on it... also I don't know what wheelspin sounds like...
              Broken in? Is it a new stock clutch?

How much boost are you running? I think a stock clutch can only hold ~220hp

Comment

Well it's 6 months old, but it has maybe 1k total on it. And my buddy who I bought the car from said it's a Sachs clutch kit. Anything else past that, I don't know any info on.

edit: just spoke with my buddy he said it's an OEM Sachs clutch kit. Maybe this thing isn't strong enough eh?

edit: between 9-10psi

I usually make around 8-9 in gears 2-3 and 9-10 in gears 4-5
                Last edited by jrhaile; 11-04-2005, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X