Supercharged M20s, someone tell me a story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supercharged M20s, someone tell me a story

So S/C is planned for new year along with 2.7.

Just wondering how many people here have had 1st hand exp with S/C M20's, good bad or IainK ugly.

Any responses appreciated guys, It blows my mind to think of the amount of E30s in US, especially modded ones, Im sure there are more modded E30s there than the total number of E30s in Aus.

Love to hear some thoughts :)

Old skool fool

Only worked with one.

Running very small amounts of boost, and fried the pistons rings in no time flat.

Car billowed out white and black smoke.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Why do you think rings burnt so quick, with low boost the load on rings would not be any greater than say a turbo M20 would it??

Old skool fool

Comment

Originally posted by OLD323
        Why do you think rings burnt so quick, with low boost the load on rings would not be any greater than say a turbo M20 would it??
        to burn/fried the pistons rings with a S/C and low boost, that car must be tuned like shit.

If you really want to keep the S/Cas primary target, get a centrifugal unitlike vortech or powerdyneand build your own bracket and piping, it's not that difficult exceptfor the belt, since m20 are "v"bandand msot s/c units are the flat style belt.

Turbo rulesover S/C
        Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

So S/C is planned for new year along with 2.7.

Just wondering how many people here have had 1st hand exp with S/C M20's, good bad or IainK ugly.

Any responses appreciated guys, It blows my mind to think of the amount of E30s in US, especially modded ones, Im sure there are more modded E30s there than the total number of E30s in Aus.

Love to hear some thoughts :)
          Ugly is your mother in the morning after the bukkake party.
          Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

i have a story. superchargers are a fucking waste of energy on m20s. get a fucking turbo and duh be odne with it. fucking fuck waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles bag. turbo is the way to go.

Comment

I was going to plan on S/C. but my car broke.

I was going to use the Paxton Novi 1000, and mount it where the AC compressor was. It is possible to run it off of a V-belt.

Kyle
              1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
              DILLIGAF

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385
                i have a story. superchargers are a fucking waste of energy on m20s. get a fucking turbo and duh be odne with it. fucking fuck waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles bag. turbo is the way to go.

Well we aussies are like little upside down and backwards to you lot hehe.
                Driven many S/C cars have we? What about supercharged M20 E30s?
                If I wanted a turbo E30 i would put an RB25det in it
                *ducks

lol, I want S/C so thats what I will do, there are so many good S/Cs out there.
                Are there any S/C E30s on R3V, would have thought there would be a few DA M42s on here?

Oh Iain, speaking of Mums, I just got off yours

Old skool fool

Comment

Originally posted by diegom6
                  to burn/fried the pistons rings with a S/C and low boost, that car must be tuned like shit.
                  Hi Diego! I know you :)

Ya whatever car that was had to be tuned terribly. Us turbo guys have had no problems with 10 psi daily. (with a proper tune)

Comment

Oh Iain, speaking of Mums, I just got off yours
                    I was a test tube baby, my father was a polar bear and my "mother" was a scientist named "Pete". Congratulations, you just fucked a lab coat-wearing Poin Dexter. Windy will be jealous.
                    Pork Hunt Motorsport

Comment

check these guys out

Comment

Herbert and Erik are well-known in Australia, moreso for turbocharging BMWs than supercharging them and i doubt Glenn would like to ship his car to Sydney from Melbourne.
                        Pork Hunt Motorsport

Comment

not many people go into SCing. If I had an m20 I would SC it. Power deliver, imo, is far superior.

The thing with a turbo is that you can make max boost at around 3000 rpms, where as with a SC the boost keeps building. That is unless you have a SC with a clutch pulley.

Just dive into it. get a centrifical, fab a bracket and figure out your pulleys.

I would venture to say you could get a piggy back for the m20 a MAF from a 1995ish BMW v8 on the intake side of the SC, blowoff valve right in front of the TB.

I think Jordan was being sarcastic about the only attempt burning up.

Comment

I agree with some that turbo charging is more efficient, however, nothing beats the whining of an eaton type blower being spooled up. They just sound like they mean business.

Comment

a supercharger is not a blower a blower is not a supercharger...blowers are used to get 100% volumetric efficiency a supercharger is used to get more then 100% volumetric efficiency i dont understand why people think a supercharger is the same thing as a blower

Comment

Working...
                              X