No announcement yet.

Supercharged M20s, someone tell me a story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ugh for fucks sake. blower is a slang term used to describe superchargers, has been for years. its the same as NOS being used as a generic term for any nitrous system. who the fuck cares, really.

hurry up and get it done Glenn. prove the nay sayers wrong.
    sigpicM42 Brigade ... Throwing craze in the 318

Comment

but thats the thing a blower is not a supercharger and should not be used to describe a supercharger they are two totally different things used for different purposes

Comment

i dont care, its a nick name. same dealio goes for coilovers. lots of cars run coil over setups as standard, but everyone uses 'coilover' instead of 'height adjustable coil over'. we all know what they mean. same thing.

i know what you are saying, but it is fruitless trying to fight the misuse of a term that has been adopted by the mainstream motoring community. either get over it, or make a t-shirt and wear it proudly.
        sigpicM42 Brigade ... Throwing craze in the 318

Comment

I've been looking into this as well - but not for a m20 - but rather my m30 in my e30. There is less room for a Turbo, and I believe I can stick a SC where the stock AC when

(exhaust side of motor, down low. Lost of extra tapped mounting holes in the block and plenty of room)

It's doesn't take a ton of boost on a m30 to make some real power...

Up sides are less custom exhaust work and what not. And the entire system could be bypassed using a SC with a electric clutch. Or the stock intake track remounted if need be. Not something you can so with a turbo car quickly.

///

Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

good idea i think i will make a t-shirt that says a "blower is not a supercharger you fucking ricers"

Comment

Originally posted by Streetspec_iS
              i know what you are saying, but it is fruitless trying to fight the misuse of a term that has been adopted by the mainstream motoring community.
              Yeah, because no matter how hard you try, you drive a "beamer", even though most of us are on 4 wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by A_325i
                but thats the thing a blower is not a supercharger and should not be used to describe a supercharger they are two totally different things used for different purposes
                So what is a blower then? I am intrigued

lol, would love to see that Tshirt worn to Summernats looool

Old skool fool

Comment

i already explained the difference between a blower and a supercharger

blowers are mainly used on industrial engines

Comment

OK you have made your point, move on

Old skool fool

Comment

If that's what your set on then do it. At least it would be different among all the turbocharged M20s.
                      Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

S/C's are for ladys, get serious, get Turbo.

The power band in the top end doesn't have to do nothing against the Turbo, turbo rules in torque, efficiency and HP's over S/C at the same boost level in same engine setups.

But if you want S/C it's not that difficult. I did my own bracket in my Jeep 4.6L Stroker ( can't wait to switch to turbo system, S/C-Kinda bored) here are soem pics:

Here is my pre setup custom amde Turbo project:

Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Glenn, swap in an X5 V8 and supercharge THAT :p

Could CAPA help out with blowers?

Superchargers, Supercharger Kits, Performance Products, Australia, LS-1, LS1, Holden Commodore, Chevrolet Lumina, Lumina Parts, Pontiac GTO, 2004 Pontiac Gto, LS1 GTO, LS-1 GTO, GTO Parts
                          Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

Ya, if money was no object I would have some stupid overkill-mobile but the whole idea of the S/C was, for want of a better term, bang for your buck.
                            Considering that my 323i is less than a car length behind most 325i/325iS's then I think that a small boost will make it a fun car.

Money no object, it would be S50 handsdown but at this stage I am poor so s/c on the 2.3 will do for now, add 2.7 conv at later date.

Old skool fool

Comment

You want a Roots style or a centrifugal?
                              Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

Well I have a mate Don, I call him Don for his "Burkes backyard" style supercharger installs.
                                His latest project is a 1960s Datsun ute which he had previously ran an L20 with a toyota charger, thing was surprisingly fast. Now he is upgrading to a Z24 and upping the boost a little. I was going to get him to do it until a certain ECCA member made mention of needing a car to develop a kit on using the Toyota charger on M20 E30. I know they arent super efficient but im after badass budget bling bump beast LOL.
                                I cannot see how it can make it go any worse :D

Old skool fool

Comment

Working...
                                X