The R3V Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The R3V Bicycle Thread

Having been inspired by THIS thread, and the amount of people on here that have bicycles, let's have some pictures!

Here are my currents:

My fixed gear Bridgestone:

Close up of rear

My Gunnar Roadie:

My Gunnar Crosshairs:

are those 48/49 cm frames? Sweet bikes man!

Did the Bstone come with slotted dropouts, or did you get those installed?

PS you have impeccable taste in seatposts. :D

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

this will be a great thread... I'll post pics of mine tomorrow.
      PNW Crew
      90 m3
      06 m5

Comment

I haven't rode my bike or any other bike in many many years. But this is what i have. Schwinn Predator (I have no pictures of it).

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
          are those 48/49 cm frames? Sweet bikes man!
          Did the Bstone come with slotted dropouts, or did you get those installed?
          PS you have impeccable taste in seatposts. :D
          LOL...yeah, they're little. The Bridgestone is a 48cm seat tube w/ 53.5 TT. The Gunnar Roadie and Crosshairs are both 48cm seat tubes and slightly compact...they have 53.5 TT and 53 TT respectively.

The Bridgestone is my latest project. I got this bike used when I started racing in 1995 for $275. It was my first road bike, then it became cross bike (with 700X25c cross tires and road calipers :D), and even went through a time trial phase a few years ago. It was getting pretty beat up and neglected and I wanted to make it nice again because it is such a nice riding bike.
          In January I sent the frame to Jacob Cycles to have the vertical road drop-outs removedand the track ends brazed on and the frame stripped of all the additional braze-ons. Got it painted at a local motorcycle shop. Hand polished the hubs and seatpost (cranks to be polished soon), and started putting it all together from some used and new parts. It was a very fun winter project and it is by far my favorite bike to ride at the moment. When you ride on the white shoulder stripe with a fixed gear...its like hovering over satin

..and the seatposts...LOL...have I told you I like Thomson posts? The Bridgestone has an U.S.E. ALIEN post that was black...got it for $35. ;)

Comment

Wish i could find one of these:

Comment

thats mine (thx to skota)

*** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

Comment

blah blah blah...
                trials

older track

less older track

older roadie (broken frame)

current roadie CAAD9 team colors

dirtjump

racing pics

Comment

sweet bikes! 60 cm road frames?

I like that DJ bike, it looks all business.

Originally posted by whysimon
                  WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

The guy in the bottom right corner of this pic rocks my fuckin socks

Originally posted by JasonC View Post

85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                    e30 restoration and V8 swap
                    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

07 fuji nevada - trails. Hardtail FTW
                      Attached Files
                      "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Custom Bianchi that I created

07 Trek Fuel EX8. Chris King Headset, Chris King hubs laced to Salsa Delgado hoops with DT swiss spokes and blue DT spoke nipples. Bike is for sale.

Comment

Makes me miss my old-school Bottecchia. God that was a good bike. All Campy Super Record. That was a long time ago though, now I'm just a beer swilling turd.

Comment

'05 Tass. Crank Bros Egg Beater pedals, Avid BB7 disk brakes (not pictured)

'98 Cannodale r600 frame, full Ultegra group ('05 - present pieces), shimano wheelset

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

if you guys ever want bike parts let me know, i can get a great deal on stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X