Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kronus View Post
    318 years :(

truth be told, I've lost steam on this because cleaning and painting engine bays sucks a lot. I've also increasingly started to dislike the tech 1 kit and want to pull it off and put on an alpina
    Ftfy

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

8 months later, I've painted and installed the subframe.

However, I have heard rumors that Julien isn't letting me out of the shop until the motor is in it the next time I'm there.
      cars beep boop

Comment

^ good call Julien.
        1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

8 months later, I've painted and installed the subframe.
          :rippedoff:

However, I have heard rumors that Julien isn't letting me out of the shop until the motor is in it the next time I'm there.
          Thats why I love that man... he knows exactly how to put a smile on my face
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

The bad news is that when I pulled my steering rack off, it leaked and pissed out the boots.

The other bad news is that I've disassembled the struts to get at the iX inserts, for installing into the touring.

The other other bad news is that at some point the car had its camber plates stolen for use in a shop racecar during a parts sourcing emergency.

The good news is that a reman Z3 2.7 rack and a pair of new bilstein sports are landing in my office at the end of this week.

The other good news is that the camber plates were replaced with quite nice GC street hybrid versions.

That's your emotional rollercoaster for today. Look forward to shiny bits soon. I've run out of other cars to fix.
            cars beep boop

Comment

I've run out of other cars to fix.

I can solve that problem...
              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
              95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                I'm not listening, but I've got a tall belgian man here who desperately wants to know as little about a certain white E36 as possible.
                cars beep boop

Comment

I'm not listening, but I've got a tall belgian man here who desperately wants to know as little about a certain white E36 as possible.

iz kar
                  2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                  95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                  98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

The bad news is that when I pulled my steering rack off, it leaked and pissed out the boots.

The other bad news is that I've disassembled the struts to get at the iX inserts, for installing into the touring.

The other other bad news is that at some point the car had its camber plates stolen for use in a shop racecar during a parts sourcing emergency.

The good news is that a reman Z3 2.7 rack and a pair of new bilstein sports are landing in my office at the end of this week.

The other good news is that the camber plates were replaced with quite nice GC street hybrid versions.

That's your emotional rollercoaster for today. Look forward to shiny bits soon. I've run out of other cars to fix.
                    You forgot to add the emotional rollercoaster it was to properly get the r12 taken out of the hvac system

I found a m54b30 rotating assembly for him to stroke the m50 in his 318is. His reply "eh don't need moar paowr"

;D I need to do something with the sti first

iz kar
                    beep boop
                    Build Threads:
                    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

We should meet up sometime and talk about how we aren't working on our cars and what we aren't but should be doing

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
                        You forgot to add the emotional rollercoaster it was to properly get the r12 taken out of the hvac system
                        *conveniently* forgot *due to embarassment*

Originally posted by Julien View Post
                        I found a m54b30 rotating assembly for him to stroke the m50 in his 318is. His reply "eh don't need moar paowr"
                        it's the only car I currently have that drives and fits into my garage and doesn't explode my brains with exhaust, I don't want to take it off the road for long

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                        We should meet up sometime and talk about how we aren't working on our cars and what we aren't but should be doing
                        yeah! we'll be there this weekend, with beer
                        cars beep boop

Comment

Such a great feeling when your personal car see's progress!

Going to clean up the engine bay more?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

yeah, I'll at least scrub it some, clean up the surface rust and shoot some sealer primer/paint on it.
                            cars beep boop

Comment

parts came in.

parts went on.

you can't explain that.
                              cars beep boop

Comment

Sooo.....When is the M60 going in? lol

parts came in.

parts went on.

you can't explain that.