Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    Waiting patiently for the wall-of-text story from, sonny.
    I realized I'm an idiot after a chat with flyboyx. So that's gotta pass boss

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone know what car this is?

Comment

Alfa Romeo Spider. aka S4S since its the 4th version since its introduction in the 60s*

*not 100% on the starting year
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          Alfa Romeo Spider. aka S4S since its the 4th version since its introduction in the 60s*

*not 100% on the starting year
          Sweet thank you! I thought it might be at first but the rear end is different, very different, what's your opinion on Alfas?

Comment

anyone know where i could find a place that sells only the rear brake line that goes over the subframe? mine got burned in a muffler hanger accident.

Comment

autozone probably has em if you need it quick
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

na. i need the SS. i'm going to have to buy the full kit again $$$

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                  na. i need the SS. i'm going to have to buy the full kit again $$$
                  Just need the one rear braided line? Shoot an email to sales@blunttech.com and we can pull one out of our kits
                  Follow us on Facebook and Instagram

On qualified parts... email me at dealindave@blunttech.com

Comment

^you guys are literally the best!
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

dang, ya i should of waited but bought a kit from garagistic they're local.
                      oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        Your parts bin build is very cool, hows 14.1 going to play with boost though or even with anything but 108 octane lead, if you can even get that ANYWHERE. Or are you setting that up for N/A only.

Yes the Lq1 was very underrated, it was supposed to be a 300/300(ish) power plant for the midsized line up, but hydromatic could not build a slush box that could live behind it at the time so it was gelded with tuning

LOL that LQ1 is anything but stock, Crank is forged unit out of the factory Blown Malibu Maxx SS with the 3.5l, custom pistons and rods, IIRC its about 9.5:1. Yes hes got a pallet of 284 5spd boxes (3 or 4 of them) that came from Germany for a replacements that were OEM for Opals of some verity IIRC so 1st gear is a little shorter than 284's that were in the Z34's (IIRC). We both figured it was making about 550ish at the crank in that photo, General math and bench racing guestimates were closer to 600. Really have no idea what it will make, as the innards are in theory built 30 ish psi, but that will be testing the block itself and just how forged that crank is

Camaro is staying n/a. 14:1 works with the fast burn heads and lumpy cam (might be less, I forget if the 3500/3.5 heads it has were 13.5 or 14:1). It still has a flat tappet camshaft. hehe

Almost all the 3.5 cranks are forged. I was buying the motors up like hot cakes back when they were still new-ish and raping them for parts - even though the combustion chambers are a little larger than the 3400, they were good for more power due to the redesigned ports and valve angles - plus you got a better upper manifold/plenum design.

The rod pins are larger diameter on the 3.5, did your brother use custom rods for his app?
                        john@m20guru.com
                        Links:
                        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Yeah he went with Pauter rods, so he could keep the 2.25 (IIRC) rod journals of the 3.5 crank. There was some thing weird about how he had to go about it all to make it all fit and spin right in the LQ1 but I dont remember just what it was.

You can come up with some really good power makers out of that old 60* parts bin, but now those are getting kinda scarce and not as cheap as it used to be.

Soild lifters in that....... I am betting that wraps up fast as hell and puts modern quick rev DOHC setups to shame
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

On the alfas a fun car to toss around but like the truimph has issues mechanically.

Comment

Originally posted by e30RS View Post
                              On the alfas a fun car to toss around but like the truimph has issues mechanically.
                              Alfa over Triumph any day...

saw both this weekend in VARA racing

The driver of this car just finished bringing it back to spec, his mother raced this car years ago...

Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                Alfa over Triumph any day...

saw both this weekend in VARA racing
                                What track is this at?

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Working...
                                X