Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm down. GF is out of town and I need something to do other than drink beer on the couch all weekend.

Could also use some 4-door inspiration since i might stuff my m30 in one. I need a cheap clean shell, and coupes are at least double the cost.
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

well if y'all wanna toss some wrenches or drink beers and heckle me while I try to get the touring driving, come by tomorrow. (people I sort of know only for now)
      cars beep boop

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
        Could also use some 4-door inspiration since i might stuff my m30 in one. I need a cheap clean shell, and coupes are at least double the cost.

There is a clean high mileage (304k) late model delphin for sale on facebook thats somewhat close by. Interior is stripped, had some water inside cabin and in trunk. $1800 for full car as is, or $1300 without trans he said, 5 speed. Motor has low compression apparently.

Last edited by mbonanni; 05-25-2018, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
          There is a clean high mileage (304k) late model delphin for sale on facebook thats somewhat close by. Interior is stripped, had some water inside cabin and in trunk. $1800 for full car as is, or $1300 without trans he said, 5 speed. Motor has low compression apparently.
          Yeah, I saw that. Right now I'm debating early vs. late model and 4-door vs coupe. I move to a new place with a garage in about 2 weeks, so anything I get before then has to be drive-able. Late model does make for an easier m30 install though...

Also gotta finish up the insurance crap from the crash so I have the money to buy the car. Lots of loose ends.

Also found this red 89, which is better for the z3 rack and didnt come with an air bag:
          sigpic
          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]

Comment

that looks pretty nice.
            cars beep boop

Comment

Also gotta finish up the insurance crap from the crash so I have the money to buy the car. Lots of loose ends.

Also found this red 89, which is better for the z3 rack and didnt come with an air bag:
              [IMG][/IMG]
              yo, know we talked about this a few months back - hope all is going well with that. where in oakland are you?

i just moved back to alameda after 7 years and planning a motor swap on my 4d this summer.

hope you get the red 4d, because 4d 4lyfe.

Originally posted by kronus View Post
              well if y'all wanna toss some wrenches or drink beers and heckle me while I try to get the touring driving, come by tomorrow. (people I sort of know only for now)
              i know how to heckle

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

i'm going to give you a wrench anyway
                cars beep boop

Comment

What swap are you looking at Sina?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                  Transaction feedback
                  - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                    yo, know we talked about this a few months back - hope all is going well with that. where in oakland are you?

i just moved back to alameda after 7 years and planning a motor swap on my 4d this summer.

hope you get the red 4d, because 4d 4lyfe.

i know how to heckle
                    I'm doing good. I got a fair payout for my car, which I kept, stripped, and scrapped. So now I'm sitting on 90% of what I need for the m30 swap and a complete 5-lg swap. Right now I'm living about a block away from Champa Garden in Ivy Hill (kinda east of Lake Merritt), but I'm moving to a block away from Leaning Tower of Haddon Hill pizza place (literally a block from the lake). New place has a single car garage and a parking spot right in front of it.

The only possible down side about either of those 4-doors is that this engine is out of a 1986, so if I were to try to BAR it and they look at the block's serial number, it would have to go into a 1984 or 1985.

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                    i'm going to give you a wrench anyway
                    So is this happening, and when?
                    sigpic

Comment

The only possible down side about either of those 4-doors is that this engine is out of a 1986, so if I were to try to BAR it and they look at the block's serial number, it would have to go into a 1984 or 1985.
                      there's not a lot of 84s and 85s around anymore. might be worth finding a b35 long block..

So is this happening, and when?
                      yeah! all day tomorrow, but i'm a lazy bum and probably won't be there until like 11. shoot me a text
                      cars beep boop

Comment

also, maybe this could be a pretty mint find - https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto...565131815.html

estate sale, uncracked dash. smells like "old lady owned this for 29 years and poured money into it"
                        cars beep boop

Comment

^holy shoes thats super clean.
                          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

When i got the idea to restore a car, there were a few cars that gave me inspiration.
                            xworksx e30 m3 restore and ray's conversion m3 vert and a few others.
                            well, i finally got to work on ray's old car today. i did the dash swap.
                            it was interesting to see the errors that were made in hardware and it makes me feel better about errors in hardware that i installed on my car.

this most noticeable difference was the paint and body. his is 100x better than mine :(
                            driving it and my car back to back. the bimmerheads m20b30 is leaps and bounds better than the s52.

YL7A7160 by Eric Berger, on Flickr
                            Much wow
                            I hate 4 doors

Comment

Bummed I missed the wrenching today. Went on a 40mi ride this morning, but got a puncture and had to walk in my cycling shoes about 3 miles uphill through the woods in Moraga to Oakland (no cell reception). But got home pooped in the PM and managed to install the hitch on my 4x4 in the afternoon. This was a factory (accessory Toyota) weight-distributing hitch that I bought up in Sac, had blasted & PC'd in Oakland, and spent 2 weeks trying to find the bolts for. Success, at last.

Before:

After:

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                                What swap are you looking at Sina?
                                Well to be honest, I was set on doing either an S50 or S52, but if I can get an M42 running in it for the time being, that'd help me use the car and get the body & paint done on it first as work through the rest of the car.

I'm moving to a block away from Leaning Tower of Haddon Hill pizza place (literally a block from the lake). New place has a single car garage and a parking spot right in front of it.
                                Haha no way! My friend's dad used to own LTOP. Right next to the cascade stairs that we used to run as punishment on our crew team.

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                                1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Working...
                                X