No announcement yet.

What security system for E30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless you own an M3 or some rare Alpina or something, I doubt anyone is going to steal your E30. Don't you have an 84 318i? That's like the least desirable model.

If they really want to steal it that badly, they'll just put a dolly under it and tow it away.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Just take the battery with you when you park it.
      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Austin:
        Oh I am totally aware of what I selected and why ;) Its more than millennial's that cant drive them, I will assure you of that

Originally posted by nando View Post
        Unless you own an M3 or some rare Alpina or something, I doubt anyone is going to steal your E30. Don't you have an 84 318i? That's like the least desirable model.

If they really want to steal it that badly, they'll just put a dolly under it and tow it away.
        LOL the get off my lawn, old feckers are out in force today, basically summed up my thoughts in a previous post on this, its good to post it twice. ;)
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          Austin:
          Oh I am totally aware of what I selected and why ;) Its more than millennial's that cant drive them, I will assure you of that
          Touche'...and yes, I totally agree there. Really surprising how many adults cannot drive a manual transmission.
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            this aught to be enough in most cases now adays
            Well yeah but, not everyone can afford/wants an e30 M3 dogleg tranny.

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
            Best answer yet! :nice:

I think the reason why this is of concern to many e30 owners now, is of the sheer amount of interest and attention these old cars are finally receiving. Honestly, they are probably more popular now than when they were new. Especially when you are talking about well maintained garage queens/resto projects etc.
            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

You can always use your battery as a universal key for glass doors/windows.

E30=profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                Well yeah but, not everyone can afford/wants an e30 M3 dogleg tranny.

Best answer yet! :nice:

I think the reason why this is of concern to many e30 owners now, is of the sheer amount of interest and attention these old cars are finally receiving. Honestly, they are probably more popular now than when they were new. Especially when you are talking about well maintained garage queens/resto projects etc.
                Yes exactly. Aha I'm just curious.

I live in front of a highschool . I don't want a kid to stick a screwdriver to start the car. Is this actually a possibility? Does the steering lock work fool proof because I notice that sometimes it doesn't lock the steering when I park. I have a kill switch for the battery and thats it, for now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I relocated my battery onto my diving board for quick release.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
                    I relocated my battery onto my diving board for quick release.

Pics or it didn't happen. (We know it didn't happen)

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                      Pics or it didn't happen. (We know it didn't happen)
                      I will update you brother aha

Comment

You could put in a quick disconnect for the steering wheel and take it with you when you park. Pretty hard to steal if you can't drive it. Still easy to tow though, but it would keep teenagers from going for a joy ride.

E34s disable the ignition when you lock the car from the outside. You also can't unlock the door from the inside if it was locked from outside. That way someone can't just smash your window and get in.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
                          E34s disable the ignition when you lock the car from the outside. You also can't unlock the door from the inside if it was locked from outside.
                          E34s, safely letting you keep your living hookers separate from your dead hookers since 1987.

Comment

this.

or a sticker that says "M10 Inside"

that should be enough
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              this.

or a sticker that says "M10 Inside"

that should be enough
                              Get a large sticker on the rear window that says "Fuck the Police," and you should be safe from thieves.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                                Get a large sticker on the rear window that says "Fuck the Police," and you should be safe from thieves.
                                This is the best idea yet, you will be safe from all evils that lurk!
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X