Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ClassicEuroParts Fitment MTech 2/Acs rear

Hey everyone,
    As a lot of you have probably heard of this company but are too nervous to order because you are unsure of fitment issues I'm here to try and shed some light on my personal view of fitment with using their parts.
    First I'll start off with the metech 2 full kit from them and secondly with the acs rear valance. I cant go into specifics as Im not a body guy but I can tell you from the look of everything that I like the fitment. Even the front bumper which a lot of people say fits like shit doesn't fit bad at all with a little body work. My body shop did say that that was the hardest part to mount up as you have to use your oem valance to hook this up to.
    With the side skirts I had them mold the skirts into the body to give it that seamless look.
    For the price you say in my personal opinion it's worth it.
    If you want specifics as to fit any of these items please let me know my body guy is a close family friend and I can get specifics within a day. Thanks!
    pictures below:

Secondly we have the acs rear valance I got from them. Will post more pictures when I get the car back this weekend. The body shop did say they were surprised with the aftermarket fitment of this item and so was I when I saw it.

Last edited by Cablanedo; 03-11-2019, 03:54 PM.

Neat. I also have a rep mtech 2, just front/rear bumpers tho (2 piece). I bought it off of eBay but it's probably the same as ClassicEuroParts.

Anyway, my body shop guy told me that the fitment was dogshit LOL. He literally had to cut my OEM front metal valance in half in order to make the front rep bumper sit reasonably in the right place (hey, weight reduction bro). And he had to cut the rear bumper into three pieces because they would stick way past the fenders. Once I get the money I'm just gonna go to regular late-model bumpers.

Moral of the story: OEM or bust
    "Time doesn't heal anything... It just teaches us how to live with the pain." - My Cracked Dashboard

Comment

Originally posted by Zambuzan View Post
      Neat. I also have a rep mtech 2, just front/rear bumpers tho (2 piece). I bought it off of eBay but it's probably the same as ClassicEuroParts.

Anyway, my body shop guy told me that the fitment was dogshit LOL. He literally had to cut my OEM front metal valance in half in order to make the front rep bumper sit reasonably in the right place (hey, weight reduction bro). And he had to cut the rear bumper into three pieces because they would stick way past the fenders. Once I get the money I'm just gonna go to regular late-model bumpers.

Moral of the story: OEM or bust :dont know:
      Jesus man sounds like a nightmare. I guess I have the gods to thank to for not having to have my rear bumper cut in three pieces... lmao that's insane. Im sorry you went through that shit!
      What Im really surprised on was the acs rear valance from them above all. I'll post some more soon to show you

Comment

How were you able to install those rep mtech 2 door pods? You just molded everything to the doors and fenders?
        I brought them to my body shop guy but he didn’t even want to touch them. No mounting points whatsoever...
        "Time doesn't heal anything... It just teaches us how to live with the pain." - My Cracked Dashboard

Comment

Originally posted by Zambuzan View Post
          How were you able to install those rep mtech 2 door pods? You just molded everything to the doors and fenders?
          I brought them to my body shop guy but he didn’t even want to touch them. No mounting points whatsoever...
          that's exactly what he did, he molded the side skirts into the body and smoothed it all out so it looks flush.
          I've added some close up pictures to that fitment above bro. check it out.

Comment

when you say molded, do you mean he took each pod and shaved the plastic down to match the cars contours? Thanks, this is the first review I've seen for there kits.
            91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
            Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
            E30 can make you, E30 can break you
            "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
              when you say molded, do you mean he took each pod and shaved the plastic down to match the cars contours? Thanks, this is the first review I've seen for there kits.
              Yea that’s exactly what I mean. It took them a while but it’s doable and comes out looking good if done right

Comment

pictures of the acs rear valance have been added, if you guys want me to test fit any other parts that they make shoot me a dm and I could work out a deal with them
                thanks!
                Also any questions on the rear valance feel free to ask

Comment

Working...
                X