Can you help identify this sensor? [photos]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you help identify this sensor? [photos]

I noticed there is this wire coming down from the 20(?)-pin connector (I believe this is for computer diagnostics?). At the other end of the wire there seems to be a sensor that's not connected to anything. What is this wire supposed to do and where should it go? I didn't see anywhere obvious where the sensor should go. I also browsed through some parts and diagrams on Pelican and realoem but didn't find anything. Any ideas?

For some reason I can't include the images on here. But you can view them here and here.

Looks like the position sensor that goes on the front of the crank that you need to move to replace the timing belt.
    2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

Year and model? Looks like a 318 air filter housing.

Comment

Is the first picture the ABS wheel speed sensor plug? Or perhaps the brake pad wear sensor plug?

Comment

is this an eta car?

#1 looks like the front crank position sensor that does nothing on the eta other than provide a signal to the diagnostic plug. (the eta gets its crank position and speed from the sensors in the bell housing.

#2 - not sure. The eta has the barometric pressure sensor attached to the airbox but that's not it. Could it be the temperature sensor for the car's onboard computer just stuck in there? What color wires are coming off of it?

The E30 collection:
          1987 325es M52 - Schwarz / Taurus Red Sport (son #2's)
          1987 325is - Delphin / Black Sport (son #3's)
          1987 325i Convertible - Triple Black
          1989 325iX Coupe - Diamondschwarz / Black Comfort
          1990 325iX Coupe - Sterling Silver / Grey Sport

1981 Fiat 124 Spider 2000 - Green / Tan
          1998 Volvo V70 GLT - White / Tan
          1998 Volvo S70 T5 manual - White / Taupe
          2001 Ford Windstar - Silver / Grey (parts hauler)
          2006 Lexus GX470 - White / Tan (tow rig)

Comment

Working...
          X