M50 Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M50 Wiring

Helping a friend with his M50 swap and most everything has gone smoothly. My question revolves around the two wires that come off the wire leading to the diagnostic port. The shorter appears to be a ground wire that goes to body, does the longer one go to battery power?

Peel back the shrink wrap to expose the wire color (and can re-shrink it later). Brown is ground, red is power (obviously).
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Thanks John that's a excellent suggestion. I was also hoping someone would just check under their hood and let me know what they did.

Comment

Anytime. For what it's worth, I have been swapping these cars for a long time on a professional level and to this day, peel the shrink wrap. You never know what was done 10,15, or 30yrs ago, so it's best to be sure. Nothing worse than frying an engine or body harness with a simple mix up. :/
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
          Anytime. For what it's worth, I have been swapping these cars for a long time on a professional level and to this day, peel the shrink wrap. You never know what was done 10,15, or 30yrs ago, so it's best to be sure. Nothing worse than frying an engine or body harness with a simple mix up. :/
          Truth. We accidentally hooked a ground up to power once and fried one wire all the way through the harness. Could have caused a fire, but didn't luckily. Still had to pull the harness and fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
            Truth. We accidentally hooked a ground up to power once and fried one wire all the way through the harness. Could have caused a fire, but didn't luckily. Still had to pull the harness and fix it.

Guilty as charged! Only takes one "oh sh1t" to ruin 100 "atta boy" :(
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:

Comment

Working...
            X