Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled my whole interior to clean and condition it. Going to go buy new clips today since I'm tired of all the rattling. Also greased up my windows so they are a lot smoother.

Does anyone know how to get that black glue shit off that holds together the door insulation to the door?
    -Pierre
    1987 535is
    1988 325is

Comment

plastic razer blade+ some adhesive Remover ^^

i waxed her and going to take apart my foglights.
      Originally posted by e30e
      lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

Originally posted by E30is90 View Post
        2. Replaced lights behind fan speed dial, temp dial and above headlight/fog light switches.
        what's the procedure for this? mine just went out a few days ago.

today:

1) replaced tranny fluid
        2) ground down rear lug bolts
        3) finished disassembling RSs and polished the rear 2 lips
        8380 Laboratories
        M3 Champs Poster

Comment

got my akg delrin bushings for the shifter. i pulled the bitch clip out of my 24v swap, what a pain in the ass. and i took my shifter carrier out as well as my intake manifold.
          I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
          2875-C Towerview Road
          Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

Installed new after-market Fog Lights (i.e. Chinese no name eBay special). They look good enough after installation, but what a bitch getting them to work!

Had to mount the gasket, no problem there.

Put on clear urethane shields to keep them from pitting and being sandblasted, no problem there.

Installed them under the valence and found that the right side connector socket was a mirror image of the left with the flat and round sides reversed (the slot was in the right spot) so the plug housing wouldn't go in. Couldn't even reverse the wires, had to pull the plug pins out of the housing and force them onto the mating pins. What a boneheaded fuck up. Just goes to show what happens when someone tries to knock off the original design. But hey, for a shipped set at $74.99, I can't complain too much.

Then after all was said and done, the lights didn't work! I had to pull them out and check the wiring within the fixture. It turned out that they painted the metal plate that acts as a ground and insulated the ground of the bulb. Another boneheaded fuck up. I had to scrape off the paint to expose the bare metal and solder the tab to the pin to get continuity.

Back in the car and all is well. They do look good enough from the front. I guess that's the important thing.
            Last edited by E30is90; 07-24-2010, 04:37 PM.
            sigpic
            over 240,000 miles served
            original owner since Oct. 31, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by LedJetta View Post
              what's the procedure for this? mine just went out a few days ago.
              I had actually posted the procedure for the headlight/fog light switch illumination just a few days ago. Below is a link for both procedures. Good luck!

sigpic
              over 240,000 miles served
              original owner since Oct. 31, 1989

Comment

Tune up and a new V-belt.
                1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Exhaust manifold gaskets.

Comment

Fixed the reverse light wiring on the M3, and mounted the euro grills

Comment

Fixed broken hood release cable ... cleaned the hood latch so now no sticking. Also re wired depo US elips ... PO of the car did a crappy job with those.
                      Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

drill holes in my diving board bumper dampers and drive into a wall!

looks much better

Comment

Washed it, and just spent a half-hour in the garage with polishing compound getting the paw-print scratches from neighborhood cats out of my hood.

Comment

Installed hubrings.
                            No vibrations at 50mph anymore!

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

New clutch, flywheel, oil pan gasket, rear main seal, 2 CP sensors, deleted driver side highbeam, new throttle cable, removed fog lights, tuck, euro grlz, tags, and lots of break cleaner.

Comment

Stared her down in that crazy stance she sits!!

Simplicity is your best option!

Comment

Working...
                                X