WTB: E30 Touring up to $30,000+/-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: E30 Touring up to $30,000+/-

I’m looking for a clean, restored, rust free e30 touring with an engine swap, 300+ hp.

I preferre white but am open to anything that is clean, rust free with a good interior and paint.

I am really only interested in completed or close to completed builds, no big projects.

I’m located in Reno NV but I will travel for the righ car.

Will pay $15,000-$30,000 for the right car.

Pictures, price, mileage, upgrades, recent work/maintenance, known issues and location please.

Thanks!
    Fionn Whittemore
    Last edited by IrishChamp; 02-26-2018, 07:04 PM.

might be a little more then you want to spend but the seller might also be willing to come down some in price who knows. Seems to be exactly what you're looking for

Comment

Nice find, thank you! 👍
      It’s more than I want to spend but it looks like it may be a very nice car, and it’s two hours away from me.

Thanks again, I’m going to reach out to the seller.

Originally posted by The30man View Post
      might be a little more then you want to spend but the seller might also be willing to come down some in price who knows. Seems to be exactly what you're looking for

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-BMW-3-...5aiz6P&vxp=mtr

Comment

I'm definitely going to be over what you want to spend but figured I would go ahead and share anyways

Comment

Care to share your ask, modifications, location etc? Thanks!
          Beautiful car btw.
          Originally posted by Shftr8 View Post
          I'm definitely going to be over what you want to spend but figured I would go ahead and share anyways

Last edited by IrishChamp; 02-23-2018, 04:41 PM.

Comment

You’re ok with RHD?

Comment

Yes.
              Originally posted by DELPHINtimecapsule View Post
              You’re ok with RHD?

Comment

There is nice rhd, rust free mtech touring for sale in the uk, fresh white paint, 8k usd, cost you about 1000 to get here to us, another 1000-1500 to get to ur home depending where you live , unless you close to a delivery port...then just go get it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                Current Cars:
                2016 PORSCHE GT3 RS
                2017 FERRARI 488GTB
                2018 RAPTOR CREW CAB
                1991 318is SLICKTOP H&R SPRING SEMA CAR
                1991 318IS SLICKTOP STERLING SILVER
                1990 325ic BRONZIT/AUTO :)
                1989 E30 M3 (SOLD AWAITING SHIPPING)

On Order:
                2018 DODGE DEMON

Searching for:
                CLEAN E30'S
                S54 DRIVETRAIN
                E30 DASH
                E30 PARTS

Comment

Thanks for the info, I’m honestly surprised how many Touring e30’s are available stateside, i thought it’d take months to find something nice but several already have popped up. I’m going to try and find something close by before I go abroad.
                  Originally posted by 0-60 freak View Post
                  There is nice rhd, rust free mtech touring for sale in the uk, fresh white paint, 8k usd, cost you about 1000 to get here to us, another 1000-1500 to get to ur home depending where you live , unless you close to a delivery port...then just go get it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by IrishChamp; 02-26-2018, 03:46 PM.

Comment

I wonder how the all wheels drive would complicate an engine swap? That. would be a fun little rig when done.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChamp View Post
                      I wonder how the all wheels drive would complicate an engine swap? That. would be a fun little rig when done.
                      FYI - that touring has been on craigslist for at least a year, if not longer. I'd be cautious with that one - it's not priced outrageously which would suggest to me that there is something else amiss...

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChamp View Post
                        For a 24v iX swap a custom oil pan needs to be made since the passenger front axle runs through the oil pan. Gotta combine an M50 pan with an iX pan. 24v engine bolts in, but has less 'tilt' when using iX engine mount arms. It has to be this way so the whole drivetrain stays aligned for the front diff/front driveshaft/tcase. But that's all using e30 iX stuff which has a weak front diff.

Have fun reading about what to do if you don't want to use the stock e30 iX drivetrain:

Good luck on your touring search!
                        1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                        1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Thank you both!

Originally posted by Johnnyboy101 View Post
                          FYI - that touring has been on craigslist for at least a year, if not longer. I'd be cautious with that one - it's not priced outrageously which would suggest to me that there is something else amiss...
                          Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                          For a 24v iX swap a custom oil pan needs to be made since the passenger front axle runs through the oil pan. Gotta combine an M50 pan with an iX pan. 24v engine bolts in, but has less 'tilt' when using iX engine mount arms. It has to be this way so the whole drivetrain stays aligned for the front diff/front driveshaft/tcase. But that's all using e30 iX stuff which has a weak front diff.

Have fun reading about what to do if you don't want to use the stock e30 iX drivetrain:

Good luck on your touring search!

Comment

Working...
                          X