Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pleaseeeee take a look at this and help me out. What wire is this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pleaseeeee take a look at this and help me out. What wire is this.

Hey guys and gals, I'm really confused on my m50 non vanos(thank God) swap at the moment. I cannot get the car to output a starting signal or a fuel pump (relay) signal. I have a 1985 325e that has the weird plug in the glove box called a c104. One of the wires connects to I what I believe should be a 12 volt signal. It's an automatic car atm(soon to be manual within weeks) and have started the manual swap so I got a wiring mess. I don't know how the neutral safety works really but I assume it's just a switch. Also... what I believe is the main problem are these two wires near the starter that don't seem to do anything but I'm really curious and have to know the answer. I attached a pic of these wires and hopefully u know what I am talking about. there is a thin green and black wire and also a medium sized black and yellow wire. I realize a black and yellow ussually means attached to the starter but either way... I don't know at all anymore. Really stumped and of course I had it running only 2 months ago but put it aside and can't remember what I did. My ecu is a motronic 402 if that means anything to you. Any advice is wildly helpful.
    Last edited by Justbergy; 07-23-2018, 02:24 AM. Reason: Forgot pics!!! Jk I don't really know how to add pics I guess

If it was an auto car (or still is) check for the safety switch. It's a simple splicing of a couple green wires to bypass the switch all together. Might be your problem. Check the input signal into the switch and see if power is making it past the ignition itself.

This is a good thread that will highlight the wiring mod needed to get rid of the safety switch. http://e30performance.info/viewtopic.php?t=231

EDIT: At this point of reply, the picture of those 2 wires you're worried about are not showing. So I'm just guessing, but the safety switch was what kept my car from starting when I bought it.

1986 325e - RIP
    1987 528e - Sold
    1989 325iX - Parted Out
    1991 318iS - Sold
    1991 325iS - Current

Comment

Hey thanks for replying man! Those two wires are right near the starter. Is one of them a safety switch as well?

Thanks!

Comment

wires near the starter are likely the unloader relay wiring and yes blk/yel is usually always a started wire
        RHD OBD2 M50b25 turbo build thread:
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=384800

Comment

Working...
        X