No announcement yet.

Garagetotal Kuhfänger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a couple things today. Clay barred the windows since they were pretty hazy. Left side is after, right side is before.

Continued cleaning up the interior. The shift knob and steering wheel are disgusting.

I also took the grills and kidney out so tomorrow I can clean them up and paint them. More photos to come.

Comment

Today, pulled the grills out and painted them with duplicolor trim paint (green can). Realized I had no masking tape to mask the kidneys so those will happen some other day.

Sandblasted the clips and painted them gloss black since they were pretty nasty.

Once the grills dry and they're on the car, Ill take some more shots.

Comment

Great work!
        My Feedback

Comment

Today I pulled the cowl grills and sandblasted the wiper arms along with taking the chrome outside kidney pieces off the grills so I didn't have to mask.

Again, used duplicolor trim paint.

Back on the car.

Wiper arms painted with duplicolor gloss black engine enamel.

Finally got the trunk area cleaned. Still need to paint the backboard to the rear seat wall and the battery cover, and I need a driver's side jack cover.

Removed the Fogs to clean the front up a bit.

Nikon D300s
          Nikkor 35mm F/1.8
          Nikkor 18-55mm Kit
          Natural Light

Comment

Been gone from this site a while. Running a thread on this car on two different sites. I promise I'll catch up.

Removed those fog light brackets.

I need to get that nasty window trim painted.

Canon 5D MKIII
            Canon 50mm F/1.4
            Natural Light

Comment

Got my Renown Monaco Motorsport in as well. Feels nice and sturdy so far. Still waiting on the hub to come in. I ordered the BMW horn roundel from them as well. Shipping was really fast and it came undamaged. It looks spectacular. Can't wait to get it in the car. Comes with the hardware and a little allen key as well as a zip tie and horn connector piece thing. Plus a nice business card and a decal.

I've also started work on my bumper tuck and "refinish."

Canon 5D MKIII
              Canon 50mm F/1.4
              Natural Light

Comment

Got the bumper back on. Didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped.

Painted the bottom valence thing as well.

Comment

Finally got the right hub. Fitted the steering wheel. The perforated leather feels amazing and the smaller diameter wheel feels great ergonomically. Other than that, I took it to work and changed the tans fluid and replaced the trans pan gasket and trans filter.

I also finally got some wheels. Ended up with an almost perfect set of 16x8 Style 5's. Ordering 42 Draft Design adapters within the next couple days and the same with some Nitto or Falken Tires.

Comment

Finally got around to cleaning the new wheels. BBS RZ469 16"x8" ET23 5x120. Adapters will make that ET+5 all around. #trackwidth

Still have so many goodies to install. Im starting to get behind.

Comment

Messed with my wheels today.

Front cleaned up a little more.

Got my order in from 42 Draft Designs. 18mm 4x100 to 5x120 for the new wheels. They fit great and look gorgeous. Photos from during installation:

Comment

Installed my new Bilstein Sports on the rear. Relative to the completely blown out shocks that were on there to begin with, its a world of improvement. Can't wait to get all the front suspension done now.

Comment

I like your pictures. :up:

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Wow, your efforts are totally paying off, that looks fantastic so far. It's amazing what some elbow grease can do. Can't wait to see it with the new wheels, I had those on my E30 and they are still one of my favorite wheel choices for these cars.

I plan on finding an early model eventually and doing things very similarly, so this thread is right up my alley. Keep it up! I'm gonna follow you on IG right now

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
                            --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

looking good.

we are more interested in your car and what you have done to it rather than your photographic prowess. for purposes of this thread, i would skip the black and whites from now on.
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                                for purposes of this thread, i would skip the black and whites from now on.

Nahh

Comment

Working...
                                X