No announcement yet.

A 50 year old Japanesse lady: SRL311 01228

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great, I wonder whose cool blue e30 that is behind it in the front end pic.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

It's one of those cars you just gotta look at. would you just look at it?

Comment

My battery has been dead pretty much since I got back from Solvang. Ive been having to jump start the car, but the battery would still be dead afterwards, so per Wills advice, I ordered an Odyssey battery and "box" to mount it to the car. Well, the Odyssey battery arrived just as we got back from our daycation in Catalina Island, but due to my BMW acting weird and World Cup soccer, I didnt get a chance to install it until today. Will told me the areas to drill would be obvious and they were. Was a fairly simple and straight forward install. Now begins the fun part of routing the wiring to the kill switch and getting that part done.

Admiring my purchase and wondering if this game would ever end... England got lucky, but they did what they needed to do to advance

Now, mounted solid

It fired up the car fairly easily, you could tell its a strong battery. I still disconnected it because I dont want it to get drained while sitting...

Hope to get this kill switch completed soon and then its on to the next big item :)
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Drove the car to school on a nice, hot, sunny day 2 weeks ago. Thought the view looked nice so I snapped a pic

I thought this might be the last pic with this rollbar. I had a nice road trip to Santa Barbara planned out to trade the rollbar for a tonneau cover, as my current rollbar isnt going to legit for racing....

buuuuttttttt

Friday the 13th struck and the Roadster decided it didnt want to start. Lots of b!tching and moaning later and I knew I needed to pull the starter. More b!tching and moaning about it, but finally decided to get to work the other day. Spent a few minutes getting started. Got the easy bolt out, along with disconnecting the power cables. Yesterday, I spent a few minutes on the car and got the top bolt out... jacked it up and took the wheel off and this is what I was staring at:

A little manuevring and success! I probably spent more time complaining about this, than it actually took to remove it.

I also had an idea and thought I would try it out... my friend bought this sticker for me a while back and I finally found the place to put it.

I still have a few petrolicious stickers to put on the car and some other cool ones that Im VERY excited about, but for now Im going to deal with the starter and hopefully I can finish getting this rollbar traded out so I can get the car prepped for the drive up north in about a month...

I hope to have a new starter in my possession next week, and driving the car next weekend.

...stay tuned....
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Had some time to kill in between waiting for the SEM trim paint to dry and no starter to install on the Roadster, so I worked on something else I wanted to do...

I never really liked the black, and had an idea... It took some time to get it down to bare metal but Im pretty happy with it. Probably need to clearcoat it so it doesnt rust though

Now to just wire it up and make it functional haha
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Super cool car man! I knew you had a Datsun, but assumed it was a 280 or something similar. This thing is wicked awesome. Keep up the great work.

Comment

Got my starter back a few days ago but because it was finals week the box sat in the corner until today. I also bought some heat shield stuff to prevent the starter from cooking like the 1-year old one seems to have done. Couldnt quite completely cover up the header like I wanted... yet....

More importantly, the starter is installed and I added a ground since I saw it on one of the 311s thread. This was a leftover from BavRest

luckily most of the area facing the starter is covered... I will get the entire header piping down to the collector wrapped

Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

no roll bar...
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

One seat, just like my e30. weight savings ftw. looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                      One seat, just like my e30. weight savings ftw. looks great.
                      thanks!

I actually have a similar second seat thats just some plastic bucket from Jegs. Its low on the priority list, but my brother is itching to join me on the parade lap while at the Laguna Seca in a few weeks, so he is probably going to work on getting it mounted this weekend. I told him I have more important things to deal with than mounting a seat for his ass... haha

Eventually I will paint/ dye the current driver seat to Tan and then I will have to spend some money getting the pass seat to match as close as possible, though an exact match isnt likely to happen unless I get super lucky and find the same material as the driver seat.

Also while Im at Laguna Seca Im going to be taking a LOT of pics of the other Roadsters there as Im going to have a custom roll bar made for the car, welded to the frame and I want to see what the others have done
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        thanks!

I actually have a similar second seat thats just some plastic bucket from Jegs. Its low on the priority list, but my brother is itching to join me on the parade lap while at the Laguna Seca in a few weeks, so he is probably going to work on getting it mounted this weekend. I told him I have more important things to deal with than mounting a seat for his ass... haha

Eventually I will paint/ dye the current driver seat to Tan and then I will have to spend some money getting the pass seat to match as close as possible, though an exact match isnt likely to happen unless I get super lucky and find the same material as the driver seat.

Also while Im at Laguna Seca Im going to be taking a LOT of pics of the other Roadsters there as Im going to have a custom roll bar made for the car, welded to the frame and I want to see what the others have done
                        Any good bars or restaurants in the area might be up for the imsa race

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tiger_e30 View Post
                          Any good bars or restaurants in the area might be up for the imsa race
                          Honestly Im not sure, we're camping at the track, but PM me and we'll connect out there hopefully

I had a passionate debate with Will about how light my Roadster is now, so I decided to get to work and yank out the Heaterbox and take some weight off the car before I add in the pass seat. My brother has been bugging me about riding with me on the parade lap at the Rolex Historics. I told him if he mounts it, he can ride along... lets see how he does

heres how much it weighs on the bathroom scale (dont tell my wife, but we dont use it anyways sooo.... haha)

and heres how much the plastic seat weighs that is going in tomorrow
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

And your brother, how much does he weigh?
                            1990 325i
                            2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IceWhite View Post
                              And your brother, how much does he weigh?

He weighs more than 10% of the vehicle weight itself... the Roadster will definitely be cruising around Laguna Seca
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

I got a chance to work on the car more yesterday... my brother couldnt quite the seat mounted because we didnt have any drill bits at my buddies house.. I will try to finish that part off this week.

While he was doing that, I finally got a chance to make my MSD 8.5mm wires. I had bought a set for a V8 a long time ago, but didnt have the vice to properly crimp the connectors. I also made my spare set since there was 8 wires... If they sell the crimps and connectors I probably have enough extra to make a few more sets! haha the Roadsters wires are so short compared to what they gave me to use.

Snapped a pic of the engine bay

and heres a comparison of the old baby wires and the manly MSD wires haha

Initial impressions were actually a LOT better than what I expected. This past week, I have been fine tuning my distributor to the recommended 20* advance, but it was breaking up pretty hard in the higher RPMs, so I backed it down to 16*... There was still a little bit of breaking up at higher RPMs but it wasnt terrible, nor as bad as 20* was so I left it. With the new wires on, there isnt any breaking up at all, and I think I can take it back up to 20* Overall, Im very happy I did this.
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X