Custom OEM+ Wood Shift Knobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom OEM+ Wood Shift Knobs

UPDATE: Currently sold-out and not making more at this time. Please send me a PM to add your name to the list of interested parties if/when I get another batch going.

We started making custom wood shift knobs for 2002's and E9's last year, and have now branched out into push-on knobs for E30s, E28s, etc... All knobs are handmade in the USA with quality woods and finishes, and we don't take any shortcuts (such as set screws).

While most of our shift knobs are made by request, we have a few ready for immediate purchase. Please visit the link below for tons of photos and info. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Last edited by bluebmw.com; 02-09-2020, 02:44 PM.

These look truly amazing, great craftsmanship!!

is that a handbrake handle too?

I drove my e30 from California to London!

Comment

I love me some attention to detail! Well done sir. You should play around with some teak and holly, purple heart, and what not. The combos are endless.

What would really be cool is very dark wood/stain and with lead weights in them. Lathe them, and then drill for lead fishing weights. Glue, sand, dark black stain and poly them. Would be the best of old school and new.
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Is it me......or are these to be given away....."price would be nice"

Originally posted by george graves View Post
        I love me some attention to detail! Well done sir. You should play around with some teak and holly, purple heart, and what not. The combos are endless.

What would really be cool is very dark wood/stain and with lead weights in them. Lathe them, and then drill for lead fishing weights. Glue, sand, dark black stain and poly them. Would be the best of old school and new.
        ......there is a different place to post for vendors or projects!:hitler:
        sigpic

Comment

Bad. ass. Can you give us an idea of what pricing is like?
          M119 M42 M62 S52 S62

Comment

Originally posted by benwalsh91 View Post
            These look truly amazing, great craftsmanship!!

is that a handbrake handle too?
            Thank you! That's actually a custom shift knob for a Porsche 911, but we are prototyping some e-brake handles as well (for the E30 and 2002).

Comment

Originally posted by 411 View Post
              Always wondered about this discrepancy... There are two classifieds sections for parts, one for everyday joes, and one for "the forum sponsors of R3VLimited to post their products for sale." Seeing as how I'm not a "forum sponsor," this is the correct section to post in, no?

Comment

Originally posted by She loved E View Post
                Bad. ass. Can you give us an idea of what pricing is like?
                Pricing starts at $119 for a "standard" OEM shape, and that includes one roundel emblem and free USA shipping. The Nardi-matched knobs come in at $139 shipped, and custom knobs range from $139-$200ish depending on how wild you want to get!

Comment

For you "instant gratification" folks, I've got a small batch of push-on (E30 fitment) knobs finished and ready to be shipped. Info, prices, and photos below:

Cocobolo: Teardrop, custom satin finish using Walnut oil and Beeswax. Cocobolo is endangered and now illegal to import to the USA, so it’s getting very hard to find. Looks more red in the photo than in person - the color is a dark orangey-brown. $149 shipped.

Jatoba/Brazilian Cherry: Custom E30 M3 DTM / 3.0CSL / M1-Procar shape, High-Gloss finish. Smooth top without emblem. $139 shipped.

Osage Orange: Custom E30 M3 DTM / 3.0CSL / M1-Procar shape, custom satin finish using Walnut oil and Beeswax. Includes one emblem of your choice. $144 shipped.

Nardi-Mahogany: Bevel OEM, High-Gloss finish. Custom finish resulting in a close match to Nardi steering wheels. $139 shipped.
                  Nardi-Mahogany: Rounded OEM, High-Gloss finish. Custom finish resulting in a close match to Nardi steering wheels. $139 shipped.
                  Nardi-Mahogany: Teardrop, High-Gloss finish. Custom finish resulting in a close match to Nardi steering wheels. $139 shipped.

Comment

Bump!

Comment

Can you explain what about the set screws that you do better that most are taking short cuts on?

Comment

Originally posted by 411 View Post
                        Put your little hitler away bro-ski! :) (eheeheh - just messing with you) R3v mods are cool with someone coming up with a new mod and advertising it. Lines get blurry if you're a company selling something in the 1000's. Like a chinese key chain. This isn't that.

I can't tell you how frustrating it is to "make something" that you make in 1,'s 5's or even 20's, and be called a vendor.

"Oh, you have more then one for sale? Let me finally use my mod power to say that no vendors! You are banned!"

It totally snuffs out innovation and people wanting to make cool stuff in their garage. If you haven't noticed, e30's aren't a huge market for real vendors, or we would have aftermarket steel oil pans for $20, m20 bueaty kits, and the like...all for $10 at jegs/autozone, etc.
                        Originally posted by Matt-B
                        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                          Put your little hitler away bro-ski! :) (eheeheh - just messing with you) R3v mods are cool with someone coming up with a new mod and advertising it. Lines get blurry if you're a company selling something in the 1000's. Like a chinese key chain. This isn't that.

I can't tell you how frustrating it is to "make something" that you make in 1,'s 5's or even 20's, and be called a vendor.

"Oh, you have more then one for sale? Let me finally use my mod power to say that no vendors! You are banned!"

It totally snuffs out innovation and people wanting to make cool stuff in their garage. If you haven't noticed, e30's aren't a huge market for real vendors, or we would have aftermarket steel oil pans for $20, m20 bueaty kits, and the like...all for $10 at jegs/autozone, etc.
                          Appreciate it, George! It's snarky comments like this, not to mention Hitler emojis, that turn people off of R3V. What if I was Jewish? Not cool. Just trying to help out the BMW community and make some unique stuff for our cars!

Comment

Originally posted by z168 View Post
                            Can you explain what about the set screws that you do better that most are taking short cuts on?
                            Sure! We actually don't use set screws at all. The inserts are a custom-made nylon and aluminum piece providing an OEM push/pop-on fit and feel.
                            Last edited by bluebmw.com; 07-23-2018, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Need to pick up a nardi wheel first to color match, but can't wait to order one of these in the future! Great service you're providing, much appreciated
                              '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

Working...
                              X