Fuse 9 Keeps Blowing (325e)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuse 9 Keeps Blowing (325e)

I’ve searched what feels like everything in hopes of finding someone with a similar problem or solution.

I picked up a 1985 325e last week. It drives fine but the idle is a little erratic. It fluctuates from 800 to 1500. First thing I did was check all the fuses. I found Fuse 9 blown so I replaced it. Started the car and fuse blew again. It only blows if I start the car but it will happen right away. I checked all the wires under the fuse box and circuit board and nothing looked off.

My ICV is fine it buzzes when ignition is on and you can hear it open and close when it’s plugged in/out. I did notice the pressure sensor in the air box had the lid lose and moving the chip inside caused the idle to change a bit. I unplugged that sensor but my fuse still blows so it’s probably not that.

I’m thinking it might be the ICM. But not sure. Has anyone gone through a similar problem? I’ve checked diagrams and all that but I’m not too good at electrical. Hopefully someone has a bit of info if not I’ll be taking the car to a shop this weekend coming up.
    1987 325 Turbo

Looks like fuse 9 has: Temperature Switch, Idle Speed Control Module and Oxygen Sensor. Seems all of those would effect your idle. Looks like you will need some quality time with Mr Bentley and a wiring diagram.

Sorry, no easy fix from me.
    2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

Solved. It was the Idle Control Unit by the DME.
      1987 325 Turbo

Comment

Thanks for giving us the answer.
        My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
        I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

Working...
        X