Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tint : anyone have the front windshield tinted ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tint : anyone have the front windshield tinted ?

Would like to see some pics with the top down, and front windshield tinted.

tyia

i didn't even know this was a thing.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

CA laws are OK with this short of medical exemption?
      ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
        CA laws are OK with this short of medical exemption?
        CA law prohibits tinted windows on the front windshield under any circumstance.

Just wanted to see how it looks.

Comment

Why would you tint a window when you literally have no roof or other Windows to block light in. This seems completely useless.

Comment

I had this done to my stingray. I went with 35% on the front and 20% on the side windows. It was pretty nice to be able to drive without sunglasses. But when I took the targa top off and would drive around it was pretty crappy. Too much sun coming from above and harder to see out the front windshield.

I would never do this again on a targa or vert. But I would consider doing on a coupe. One day....
            F80 M3 Alpine
            E10 Fjord Blue 2002
            E28 Blackish 535i
            E21 Silver 320i
            Disco1 98 4.6
            ~~~~~~
            E30 Cirrus coupe S50 SOLD
            E30 325i SOLD
            E30 Alpine 325i vert Euro spec SOLD
            E30 Alpine coupe 325is SOLD
            sigpic

Comment

Yes,the issue here is based on how our eyes work. Top down, sun coming in, causes pupils to constrict. This coupled with a tinted windscreen allowing say 20% VLT makes for a terrible idea.. one which works against us.

Driving input is about 90% visual.

Comment

I think tinting the windshield is illegal in most states except for the factory band across the top
                Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                Alice the Time Capsule
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

I have a 6" tint strip that I may use. We can add one in Mass.
                  Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

That band atop the windscreen is limited by the ANSI. It is permitted.

Tinting below on any other portion of the front glass is not permitted short of a medical waiver (typically eye or skin semsitivites).

States are very particar even about stickers on the front glass. The placement if inspection and registration type decals are very purposeful. They are seemingly out of the way, unable to hinder ones view.

Comment

And along with that line of reasoning some states prohibit windshield mounted GPS or phone.
                      Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

not arguing the law, practicality, or pupil dialation. I saw it on a S2k the other day and it looked super nice. There is a guy on here with a blue vert, early model, motor swap and his fron windshield is tinted but i cannot find him.

Just looking for a pic of an e30 with tint on front windshield is all.

Comment

There are a few people that I have seen do it on varous cars. I like it, but dont see a practical application as stated above. All that said, never seen an e30 with it.

Comment

Found him on IG then on the web, hard to tell, but it looks nice. Better pics on IG. See below pic. (E30ernie)

Comment

That's subtle. Most cars if not all I see are far darker

Comment

Working...
                              X