Rear washer reservoirs not all the same

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear washer reservoirs not all the same

I was buying some Touring parts from a breaker in the UK, so I had him throw a rear washer reservoir in the box. Here is a pic of the reservoir from my 320i (right) and the one from the breaker (left).

You can see that one has a level sensor and the the other does not, so I'm guessing that the lower spec cars don't have a level sensor for the rear. I think it would be easy to modify the left one to accept a level sensor, but thought this info might be helpful to my Touring bros in the USA.

Cory
    1992 325i Cabrio
    1988 320i Touring
    2000 M5
    1977 530i
    2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
    BMWCCA
    E30CCA

I inadvertently tossed mine when I was taking the interior apart and now looking for the rear bottle and pump setup.

Digging on RealOEM I found two different part numbers, and this explains why some of the other part numbers are greyed out.

61681381559 is for 320/325 and comes with the level sensor hole and lists the level sensor parts

61681386996 is for the 316/318 and the level sensor parts are greyed out

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammered View Post
      I inadvertently tossed mine when I was taking the interior apart and now looking for the rear bottle and pump setup.
      Here is a full set up on ebay. Not sure if the price is good or not. Shipping seems high. Been on ebay for a while.

Cory
      1992 325i Cabrio
      1988 320i Touring
      2000 M5
      1977 530i
      BMWCCA
      E30CCA

Comment

Originally posted by cory58 View Post
        Here is a full set up on ebay. Not sure if the price is good or not. Shipping seems high. Been on ebay for a while.

Cory
        That seems like a reasonable price to me, especially considering international shipping and a seemingly complete kit.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          That seems like a reasonable price to me, especially considering international shipping and a seemingly complete kit.
          The main thing that caught my eye is that it includes the fill hose, which is NLA from BMW.
          1992 325i Cabrio
          1988 320i Touring
          2000 M5
          1977 530i
          BMWCCA
          E30CCA

Comment

I don't think it has to do with model range as much as it probably does with whether or not it has a check control since there's no way of actually warning you of the fact that its low.

I'm kind of glad all of my rear wiper components are non-existent. Seems to be a very common failure on tourings.
            -89' 320iT, Brilliantrot
            -15' 320i, Glacier Silver Metallic

Comment

Working...
            X