Rear bumper mounting issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear bumper mounting issue

I posted this in the general area, then saw a specific Touring area. maybe your touring experts know my issue.

I have been trying to figure this out to no avail. I have a 1989 touring, plastic bumpers. It came to me with a euro hitch I did not want. My thought was swap the hitch (which holds the brackets for the bumpers) and use typical bumper shocks from a non hitch car. Well the shocks I have do not fit into the brackets on the bumper. The bolt shaft is too long. No biggie, must be a weird euro thing( touring) so I check the part number of the bracket that goes with the bumper shock I have ( 51121959128 ) and purchase that bracket. It is exactly the same as what I have. I have only found one other example of this online, and that guy just got to cutting and welding to fix. This can't be the solution, and someone has to know what my part issue is.

Thanks for your time and help

Picture:
    Attached Files

Comment

Figuring out whether the hitch on my Touring is OEM and them figuring out how to remove it is also on my to-do list, but I haven't gotten there yet.

I would definitely recommend posting your question on the e30owners.com or e30zone.net forums. They know a lot more about Tourings than we "Yanks". Please let us know what you find out!

Cory
      1992 325i Cabrio
      1988 320i Touring
      2000 M5
      1977 530i
      2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
      BMWCCA
      E30CCA

Comment

I think Jordan had some reap bumper trouble with the American vs Europe stuff when doing his Mtech 2.
        My Garage
        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Working...
        X