Question about premium speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about premium speakers

Did they offer a premium sound package for the tourings? If they did what did the rear speaker housings look like and where were they place? If they didnt offer it is the wiring still there for the premium speakers?
    Originally posted by blunttech
    Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
    :shock:

They did offer premium sound on tourings, the rear speaker housings are molded plastic mounts that sit below the wheel well trim/cargo area trims.

I don't know about amplifier placement in tourings, so it's hard to say if they all had wiring from the factory. I can say that 3/4 of mine had no rear speaker wiring and 2/4 had no mounts.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I guess I will just have to start tearing into mine and see what I am working with
      Originally posted by blunttech
      Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
      :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by Shangsta View Post
        Did they offer a premium sound package for the tourings? If they did what did the rear speaker housings look like and where were they place? If they didnt offer it is the wiring still there for the premium speakers?
        Indeed they did. Without premium speakers/system. The rear speakerpods only have the 4" speakers, and the 2 wire plug/harness. With premium system, the rear pods also have a tweeter and requires the 3 wire plug/harness. The amplifier is still mounted in the left rear within the body cavity like on all e30s that are equipped.

TLDR, the wiring in the car is based on what it came with. Must have components + subharnesses to upgrade from basic system to premium (most people just bypass the amp/wire in all new components)
        -89' 320iT, Brilliantrot
        -15' 320i, Glacier Silver Metallic

Comment

Can it be purchased seperately?

Comment

Originally posted by banghasan6 View Post
            Can it be purchased seperately?
            Of course, you just need to find a touring with the premium system and pull the wiring. All plug and play.
            -89' 320iT, Brilliantrot
            -15' 320i, Glacier Silver Metallic

Comment

Working...
            X