• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did someone say protesting?

Steve • Toronto
    1991 318is • Brillantrot
    Build Thread

Comment

This has been said before, but how ironic is it that Antifa uses facist methods to combat facism. Thuggery and violence to silence those with opposing views.
      “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
        This has been said before, but how ironic is it that Antifa uses facist methods to combat facism. Thuggery and violence to silence those with opposing views.
        and it's still bullshit. you can be ready to fight without looking for one.
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
          past:
          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
          1985 323i baur
          current:

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
            Ok..... Doesn't change the fact that you and your homies still show up to these gatherings, masks and "riot" gear on, and use those very means to attempt to silence those with opposing views.

That's literally undeniable. In this very thread you've defended your "tactics" based on the fact that your grandpa would be proud that you're fighting Nazis or some shit.
            2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

August 5th, 2018. More Antifa show up to a peaceful protest and start smashing windows of a Marine recruiting building, breaking car windows, and attacking others.

I'm actually embarrassed for anyone that is associated with these clowns, let alone defends their actions in 2018.

Comment

Decay, I found a new avatar for you

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                  Ok..... Doesn't change the fact that you and your homies still show up to these gatherings, masks and "riot" gear on, and use those very means to attempt to silence those with opposing views.

That's literally undeniable. In this very thread you've defended your "tactics" based on the fact that your grandpa would be proud that you're fighting Nazis or some shit.
                  use quotes if you want, but my riot gear is better than what my cop ex-gf got issued by OPD. that's out of her mouth, not mine. probably better than yours too :P

and like local police, i note that you've got nothing to say about the alt-right coming in from out of town with bats and shields.
                  past:
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:

Comment

use quotes if you want, but my riot gear is better than what my cop ex-gf got issued by OPD. that's out of her mouth, not mine. probably better than yours too :P

and like local police, i note that you've got nothing to say about the alt-right coming in from out of town with bats and shields.
                    It's more the fact that anyone wears it to a rally in the first place, especially if they mean to make a difference against fascists without becoming those they're protesting, that I find ridiculous.
                    And most of my personal guns, training gear, and basically anything else is better than what I have at work :/

If the city has an ordinance against them carrying weapons they should be cited/arrested as well. I've said that time and time again... I wonder why, though, nobody heard about the far right Nazis showing up with weapons until Antifa came around and dragged them into the national spotlight by fighting with them at their obscure rallies. Antifa shows up, starts attacking people they don't agree with, and now people are fighting with bats and rocks in the streets.

Comment

it's inaccurate to frame the situation as "anti-fascist protesters are always the aggressor".

you espouse the ideals of law enforcement i'd like to hear from police, but unfortunately, even-handedness is not happening.

past:
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:

Comment

it's inaccurate to frame the situation as "anti-fascist protesters are always the aggressor".

you espouse the ideals of law enforcement i'd like to hear from police, but unfortunately, even-handedness is not happening.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...tified-twitter
                        No doubt they're the aggressor 100% of the time, but I'd be very, very surprised to hear that they aren't the aggressor 90% or more of the time.

Why is it that nobody had issues with Nazi gatherings before Antifa came about? It's because they stood and saluted statues and shit and didn't physically hurt or damage anything. It's not a bunch of rednecks on the far right destroying trash cans and windows.

If one group is peaceful, and another shows up and starts shit, the ones that showed up and started shit should be arrested.

Comment

big yikes

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

They really shut that Nazi up! Fuck Yeah #Brother

Oh..wait...

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                              No doubt they're the aggressor 100% of the time, but I'd be very, very surprised to hear that they aren't the aggressor 90% or more of the time.
                              count yourself surprised, then. you want to know what anti-fascism really looks like? this is some good on-the-ground coverage, and i was actually a bit surprised and happy to see the vice reporter make the mouthpiece-dude justify our stance. (i'm aware that they're a somewhat left-biased source, but take a look; i think they did a decent job of giving both sides their fair say.)

take note of which group is wearing the most masks, body armor, and helmets. i didn't take any of my gear with me to the last counter-protest in oakland; it hasn't come out of its box since i went to Standing Rock.

Why is it that nobody had issues with Nazi gatherings before Antifa came about?
                              uhm, you remember that whole thing where the ACLU threw themselves under the bus by protecting the free speech rights of nazis in chicago in the 80's? it was kind of a nationwide kerfluffle.

If one group is peaceful, and another shows up and starts shit, the ones that showed up and started shit should be arrested.
                              any group that advocates racial cleansing is inherently not peaceful.
                              past:
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:

Comment

count yourself surprised, then. you want to know what anti-fascism really looks like? this is some good on-the-ground coverage, and i was actually a bit surprised and happy to see the vice reporter make the mouthpiece-dude justify our stance. (i'm aware that they're a somewhat left-biased source, but take a look; i think they did a decent job of giving both sides their fair say.)

take note of which group is wearing the most masks, body armor, and helmets. i didn't take any of my gear with me to the last counter-protest in oakland; it hasn't come out of its box since i went to Standing Rock.

uhm, you remember that whole thing where the ACLU threw themselves under the bus by protecting the free speech rights of nazis in chicago in the 80's? it was kind of a nationwide kerfluffle.

any group that advocates racial cleansing is inherently not peaceful.
                                If you can find another link I'd be glad to look, or tell me what to look for, because I'm not going to give a trash site like Vice clicks for any reason.

That was before my time on Earth, and that was a good thing for them to do. Protecting Free Speech is important. I should clarify, in modern times nobody gives a shit about far right idiots standing around in parks saluting statues. They weren't in the news. They weren't destroying stuff. If people didn't like them, they didn't participate in their stupid rallies. Now it's become a national pastime to hear about Antifa and these idiots fighting in the streets, while Antifa busts windows in the background or throws rocks at cops.

They may advocate racial cleansing, but they aren't doing shit. That's the issue, they're literally accomplishing nothing, and they're hurting nobody. Ignore them, and they will eventually die out or fade back even further into obscurity. Until they've got actionable movement on their wishes they've done nothing illegal, and should be able to speak about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X