Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make my wheels fitment look better ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make my wheels fitment look better ?

Hey, I am new on this forum so bare with me.

I am questioning myself with what I should do:

-Either changing suspension but the car is already really low.
    -Either changing my wheels, I feel like they are not taking enough space and keep a gap in the front and back of the wheel.

My wheels are already 16' inch so maybe 17'.... Although I feel like that will look bad.

PS:I'm on Lowering Spring and my goal is for, someday, make a stance e30.

Last edited by Jeans_Vicky; 02-15-2019, 01:18 PM. Reason: Got bullied in the responses

This thread is useless without pictures and as such probably spam

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Yes.
      Steve • Toronto
      1991 318is • Brillantrot
      Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
        This thread is useless without pictures and as such probably spam
        As I was saying I am new to the forum and don't know how to upload pictures in my threads

Comment

A stanced car is several inches lower than where you are currently.

Smaller wheels will look better at the current ride height. Also, make sure you are running stock tire overall diameter. The tiny tires that a lot of people use to make bad fitments work look terrible if the car isn’t absolutely slammed.
          2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
          2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
          1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
          1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
          - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
          1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
          1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
          Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

cant play the game if youre not willing to bust a few oil pans

Comment

By the sounds of it, to get what you are wanting (sTaNcE LyFe Yo) you need air ride.
              Steve • Toronto
              1991 318is • Brillantrot
              Build Thread

Comment

I would love airlift. Maybe one day, but for now it is way out of my budget ...

Comment

Originally posted by xixo View Post
                  cant play the game if youre not willing to bust a few oil pans
                  It is not really the oil pan that scares me. It’s more the front bumper that is always touching or my exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
                    A stanced car is several inches lower than where you are currently.

Smaller wheels will look better at the current ride height. Also, make sure you are running stock tire overall diameter. The tiny tires that a lot of people use to make bad fitments work look terrible if the car isn’t absolutely slammed.
                    Thank you for this detailed response.

My e30 already has 16’. So if I understand, in order to «wafflesslammed itwaffles» i need to get it even lower, get smaller wheels but bigger tires. Would it work with some lowering spring or should I invest into Coilovers? What would you recommend for a good tire fitment on like 16’ or 15’ wheels?

Comment

H&R Race and Koni will get you significantly lowered. More than that, and you would be wise to invest in the Ground Control/Koni kit.

The car below, is on AST 4100 series coilovers. This was a very expensive setup, 8-10 years ago.

Really just depends on what you are after. I can't make that call for you.

Best,
                      e30austin
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Jeans_Vicky View Post
                        It is not really the oil pan that scares me. It’s more the front bumper that is always touching or my exhaust.
                        sounds like you should be looking into coilovers to get to where you want to be. your exhaust will get smashed up, and you can 86 that front lip.... but a wise man should always fear the pan if he's thinking about going real low. its a trade off for the looks you want with a more nerve racking driving experience.

as for shocks and springs, if thats an actual late model you'll be left with more of a gap at the front wheel arch than the back because of the front arch being higher up on the body line. coilovers will allow you to lower the front more than the back to even out the wheel gap, but then i'd start praying for that oil pan.

Comment

Originally posted by xixo View Post
                          sounds like you should be looking into coilovers to get to where you want to be. your exhaust will get smashed up, and you can 86 that front lip.... but a wise man should always fear the pan if he's thinking about going real low. its a trade off for the looks you want with a more nerve racking driving experience.

as for shocks and springs, if thats an actual late model you'll be left with more of a gap at the front wheel arch than the back because of the front arch being higher up on the body line. coilovers will allow you to lower the front more than the back to even out the wheel gap, but then i'd start praying for that oil pan.
                          Hey,

I will be looking forward the Coilovers then. Can it get me lowwwww enough in order to make a "Slammed E30"? Because that is my goal

For the oil pan I might also invest into a skin plate. I might hit it more but at list it will be "protected"

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
                            H&R Race and Koni will get you significantly lowered. More than that, and you would be wise to invest in the Ground Control/Koni kit.

The car below, is on AST 4100 series coilovers. This was a very expensive setup, 8-10 years ago.

Really just depends on what you are after. I can't make that call for you.

Best,
                            e30austin
                            Hey,

My Ultimate goal is to do a slammed e30. I looked up the Bilstein B14 PSS Coilover Suspension Kit.

(https://www.autoanything.com/suspens...xoCJwUQAvD_BwE)

. I was wondering if every Coilovers are adjustable because I believe I already have some Coilovers on my e30. I think it's some yellow Bilstein but I bought it like that so don't know the brand of those Coilovers.

Comment

Ok, I mean this in the nicest way possible.

But you really need to do A LOT more reading and research on your end before going deeper into this. The difference between coilovers and struts / springs, how a 'slammed e30' will actually ride, etc..

I feel you are setting yourself up for a world of hurt (both with your expectations and financially) by just trying to make a slammed e30 without doing EXTENSIVE research.
                              Steve • Toronto
                              1991 318is • Brillantrot
                              Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X