Remove Zender front valence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove Zender front valence?

I've been messing around with this thing for the past couple hours and I can't figure out how to get it off..

Pictures are crappy because I can't get pictures of the screws holding the Zender valance in place, I can barely see them as is let alone and get a picture of it. There's no way to fit a socket or get an open-ended wrench up there to Simply remove the screws holding the Zender Valance on to the car.

In order to get the Zender valance off, I believe I need to remove the plastic bumper itself, but I'm pretty sure I need to remove the long bolts hanging down from the bumper, which are blocked by the Zender valance.

Any suggestions on how to remove this without further damaging it?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Okay so its been a real long time and I'm mostly a lurker these days but im pretty sure that those inaccessible bolts are the bolts that attach the plastic bumper cover to the fiberglass bumper or the bumper to the brackets. iirc its just those two bolts you removed and the sides are held on by a sliding track, so it should just pull right off with some force, it could be a little crusty stuck if its never been done though.

maybe i think so

edit:this is all supposing those loose bolts aren't still seated in the bumper mounts...
    Originally posted by Vokuhila
    I laughed, and then I serioused

Comment

Yeah to get the front bumper off you need to remove the two long bolts that you got hanging there then slide the bumper off. Is the rib on the Zender flexible enough to get the bolt to drop down?

1992 BMW 325iC
      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by Best_name_available View Post
        Okay so its been a real long time and I'm mostly a lurker these days but im pretty sure that those inaccessible bolts are the bolts that attach the plastic bumper cover to the fiberglass bumper or the bumper to the brackets. iirc its just those two bolts you removed and the sides are held on by a sliding track, so it should just pull right off with some force, it could be a little crusty stuck if its never been done though.

maybe i think so

edit:this is all supposing those loose bolts aren't still seated in the bumper mounts...
        Ok thanks!

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
        Yeah to get the front bumper off you need to remove the two long bolts that you got hanging there then slide the bumper off. Is the rib on the Zender flexible enough to get the bolt to drop down?
        Shoot... The ribs are flexible, but I don't think they'll be flexible enough for me to slip a big torx in there.. I may have to try to loosen them with a pliers.

Comment

GOT IT!

Broke one of the ribs in the process of removing it though :(

Now those long bolts won't thread into anything. Awesome.

Comment

Working...
          X