warped rotor or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

warped rotor or not?

so i had a bad piston on the right front. couldn't even blow it out with air. the wheel would get hot when driving but never super heated it. changed the caliper with nos girling from fleabay. no more hanging up or heating of the wheel BUT now i have a shake while driving that stops when i hit the brakes. visually there looks to be a wobble when spinning the rotor but i thought that a warped rotor would be felt when braking, not while not braking. could it be something else? what would cause the rotor to wobble besides being warped? problem did not exist before the caliper replacement even when heating up due to hung up piston.

stock braking system
    sigpic

My guess. It's both a roto issue, and some slack in the lower arm.

Whenever a "how is this possible?" problem rears it's ugly head, it's almost always two things at once. Have you done the "what play is there in the suspension when it's up in the air and I use all my weight to rock it in both dimensions" test?
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
      My guess. It's both a roto issue, and some slack in the lower arm.

Whenever a "how is this possible?" problem rears it's ugly head, it's almost always two things at once. Have you done the "what play is there in the suspension when it's up in the air and I use all my weight to rock it in both dimensions" test?
      solid as a rock on rocking the gear. what is confusing me is that over the years all the warped rotors i've had, they wobble when you hit the brakes. mine stops wobbling when i hit them. hub and bearing is 3 years old and the car hasn't been driven more than 3k a year in that time. gonna swap it with the other side and see if the problem transfers over.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X