No announcement yet.

New codes after car sitting for months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I got the replacement ECU? Yeah the new ECU seemed to fix my issues of low power and all the previous 10 or so weird codes. However with the old ECU, before it started acting up, I had zero codes.

So that's why now I am wondering why the EWS and coolant outlet temp codes are present at all...as well as if they are just 'artifact' and don't actually matter as long as the car drives fine. The issue is the coolant outlet temp reading I believe does make some changes to some ECU values, so an e30 with a s54 should use a Z3M style tune/parameters that don't account for this value, since this sensor is not present on z3m.

Additionally....it is my understanding absolutely nothing related to EWS whatsoever should show up on a swap tuned car

Comment

Originally posted by diesekte View Post
      So that's why now I am wondering why the EWS and coolant outlet temp codes are present at all...

They simply forgot to erase those two codes. Outlet temp is for the operation of AUX fan, I don't think it effects running maps

Comment

Actually, that doesnt neccesarily mean anything. As usual, HakkenTT shows his ignorance.

MSS54 (and related DMEs) has an issue with "ghost codes". There are deleted and not present, but still show up.

Anyway, your best course would be to talk to Markert directly. As i said though, those codes dont really matter.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Reflashed by Markert a few weeks ago - codes all gone :)

Comment

Originally posted by diesekte View Post
            Reflashed by Markert a few weeks ago - codes all gone :)

Nice to hear that. And to know that I was right.

Comment

Working...
            X