1986 325e Power Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1986 325e Power Problem

Did a gas pedal bushing replacement, disconnect throttle line, replaced it, put everything back as I found it and this occurred:

Put the key in the ignition, pressed clutch and pedal all the way in, had the shifter in neutral, turned the key, full lights inside of the car flashing check engine light (as normal?), everything lights up. Go to start it, single click. Did it a few more times, single click for awhile then zero noise. Took the battery to get tested, it tested good, came back home, put the battery back in correctly, checked for a good ground, put the key back in the ignition, same stuff as before, except when I turned it, there were zero lights, and trying to take it to start had zero result.

Any ideas? Looked under the dash, doesn't look like I disconnected any wires while doing the bushing replacement. If I need to go test something, let me know, I'll do it to the best of my ability. This is my first project/manual car, so I'm still learning. Thanks in advance!

On top of the steering column there is a large multi piece connector that the ignition switch and column switches go through. Take a good look at that. Also, there is a ground in the same area that may have been disturbed.
    2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

Working...
    X