Need build advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need build advice

After 4 years of enjoying my boosted 325is I lost compression in cylinders 5 and 6. 5 down to zero compression. Pulled the head and poured some gas down the cylinder bore for number 5 and I literally heard it drip down into my oil pan. If I run my nail around the bore there is a slight groove so I'm guessing a ring gave up the ghost. She was burning oil pretty bad as well. I left her in the garage waiting for a deal in my budget and found an 86 325e engine. Went and did a compression test and all cylinders were in the 120 to 140 range. I bought the engine and have it on the stand. Wanted to find out if anyone would have a any good suggestions that are budget minded. Would like to come out the other end with a reliable setup for occasional boosting. I'm getting to 50 and I'm not to much into racing all the time just feels good to have the power when I need it. Maybe a setup that protects me from the rings failing again. Maybe a combination of the 2.5 and e engines. Pretty sure the I head is in good condition just the block seen better days. Thanks in advance
    Last edited by i_build; 08-18-2018, 08:42 PM.
Working...
X