FS: 1986 325e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1986 325e

1986 bmw 325e e30. 5 speed manual. 3rd owner. 156k miles but odo reads 20k less (odo currently working now). ETA 2.7 engine with a Turner clone chip and Ansa sport exhaust. H&r super sport springs and new shocks. Fm CD aux Bluetooth stereo and new speakers all around. Minor rust repaired as expected on a 30+ year old car.

Exterior
    8/10. Original paint. Chrome bumpers tucked. All plastic trim repainted. Wheels are esm 002 platinum 16s staggered. I have four original bmw "bottlecap" 14 inch wheels with decent tires.

Interior
    9/10. Small wear and tear on seats In front. Stereo, lights, power windows, manual sunroof and all other electronics work.

Engine
    7/10. AC leaked per the prior owner so I never fixed it and just removed the ac belt as this is a weekend car and all the windows/sunroof work. Small squeal under full acceleration which I think is the alternator belt starting to go. Timing belt and water pump recently replaced and fluids changed. ECU chipped and has exhaust. I drive this a few times a week with no issues. Does 80+ without problems. Quick but just looking for something with a lot more power.

Only considering selling to upgrade to an m3, s2000, or older muscle car. If I don't sell then I'll explore engine swaps so I'm in no real rush. Overall a clean 32 year old car that gets thumps up everywhere. Garage kept for the 3 years I've owned it. Willing to consider trades plus cash depending on what you have. Great candidate for a engine swap or if you want to go that route. Asking $6k.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HEIS83; 08-05-2018, 06:12 AM.

more pics.
    Attached Files

Comment

Es???

Where's the front spoiler, 3 spoke steering wheel, sport seats, tweeter pods etc.

Did you "upgrade" the car by removing things like the fogs, 'es' badge etc. ?

I really hope you are not calling this an "es" just because it has a 5 speed tranny.

Comment

Originally posted by Javier h View Post
        Where's the front spoiler, 3 spoke steering wheel, sport seats, tweeter pods etc.

Did you "upgrade" the car by removing things like the fogs, 'es' badge etc. ?

I really hope you are not calling this an "es" just because it has a 5 speed tranny.
        Fogs were removed and the existing front spoiler was there from the PO. Seats were originally the blue vinyl but i swapped interiors for the cloth seats. Can't answer the 3 spoke wheel or tweeter pods. From my research it is an es but if that isn't the case I am certainly not trying to advertise something it isn't.

Comment

My '86 325es doesn't have tweeter pods. But yes, that doesn't look like an ES. Missing the rear spoiler, front valance, steering wheel, ES badging, and the shifter has been swapped at some point. The OBC is different than mine also. The original seats would have been sport seats in leather. The tach goes to 5k, so for all intents and purposes it looks like a regular "e".

Comment

P.s. love that color! What's the wheel setup?

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiie30 View Post
              My '86 325es doesn't have tweeter pods. But yes, that doesn't look like an ES. Missing the rear spoiler, front valance, steering wheel, ES badging, and the shifter has been swapped at some point. The OBC is different than mine also. The original seats would have been sport seats in leather. The tach goes to 5k, so for all intents and purposes it looks like a regular "e".
              appreciate the info. guess you never can believe everything the PO says.

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiie30 View Post
                P.s. love that color! What's the wheel setup?
                thanks. fronts are 16 x 8 +20, rears are 16 x 9 +15. esm002r in platinum.

Comment

Decode the vin using an online vin decoder to find out the model. The model may be stamped on the drivers door jam as well.
                  Budget E30 Parts - Used and Reconditioned parts for your BMW

Comment

Es

All 325es came with tweeter pods. They also came stock with power sunroof etc. I can't imagine someone going through the pain staking process of swapping the trunk to remove the badging and the trunk spoiler. Please provide the vin # or reword your ad if you feel you are misrepresenting the car.
                    Last edited by Javier h; 08-06-2018, 07:30 AM.

Comment

bump. price dropped to $5700.

Comment

Can you take a pic of the color code under the hood? Its on the driverside shock tower... could be royalblau ... should definitely end in blau though

this is definitely an 'e' but I think we all agree on that now
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

It’s probably arctic blue
                          -His-
                          87 e30 325i
                          87 e24 m6
                          05 e83 x3
                          94 e32 740i 5spd
                          -Hers-
                          89 e30 325i
                          18 f48 x1

Comment

Originally posted by hendrixvodu View Post
                            It’s probably arctic blue
                            yea its arktisblau.

Comment

Originally posted by HEIS83 View Post
                              yea its arktisblau.
                              such a beautiful color, I almost bought an early model sedan instead of my cirrusblau, but the circumstances didnt work out... great looking car, good luck with the sale
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                              X