Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fair warning, don't buy garagistic delrin subframe or rtab bushings...They don't fit,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fair warning, don't buy garagistic delrin subframe or rtab bushings...They don't fit,

Like the title says, don't buy form them. Not only do none of their weld in reinforcements line up, their Delrin bushings don't fit either. They are oversized by a significant margin. The aluminum sleeves don't even fit in the rtabs OUT of the trailing arms...Subframe bushings have ZERO chance of fitting in as they are over tolerance, and the same goes for the RTABS.

Learn from my mistake and DO NOT buy their garbage products.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I should go about trying to get the half inserted RTAB bushing out of my trailing arm now so I can purchase from a reputable company? It's so stuck in their that it's stripping threads from a grade 8 bolt i'm now being forced to use as a puller...I don't thin they will burn out the same as the worn out factory bushings did...

Did you contact them? It's a pretty big deal to question a company's reputation and call their parts garbage, if you didn't contact them first. Perhaps you were sent incorrect parts.

I have their poly bushings in my rear end, no issues with installation. I also have their reinforcements for my trailing arms, and rear end adjustment kit. Didn't have issues with those either.

Comment

i know you're pissed but contact them and post back.
      See if they fucked up on the order or they have bad rta bushings.

i bought a delron bushing for the shifter carrier that bolts to the trans and it was too small for the pin so i had to heat the pin
      and melt it through. Worked out but... Ordered some other stuff and fit great though.

Comment

I don't think you're going about this the right way even though we understand you're frustrated. Contact them and I'm sure they'd be more than willing to help you.

I melted a poly motor mount from them (turbo mani hangs low) because I didn't know OEM heat-shields existed and they took care of it free of charge shipping included even though I felt I was mostly as fault for lack of due diligence.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
          I don't think you're going about this the right way even though we understand you're frustrated. Contact them and I'm sure they'd be more than willing to help you.
          x 2. Having a bad experience/not having expectations met is one thing. Publicly speaking ill of a company's products & years of dedication is another thing.

Originally posted by haaken675 View Post
          Hit a major setback today as the garagistic Delrin subframe and RTAB bushings simply DO NOT fit. I am now stuck with one rtab bushing half way in and the Delrin ruined due to it being oversized in pretty much every dimension...welded ibn subframe reinforcements, trailing arm reinforcements and painted this weekend, just to have most of the paint ruined trying to force bushings in that are dimensionally inaccurate and overly frustrated at how much money I have literally thrown down the drain with a company that sells garbage products...
          I couldn't help but notice that you have stigmatized part's quality in three (or more?) different threads as if Garatistic quality control process/unit is non-existent.

As per your claims:
          1) the bushing was fighting it's way into the sub-frame,
          2) the aluminum sleeve was fighting its way into the bushing (OUT of the sub-frame)

I wonder at what stage did you discover that the fitment is off? Why you kept going at it when logically you should be picking up the phone and calling Garagistic to properly address the issue?

Is it because you felt like "punishing" the bushing? And then some...by defaming the company's reputation? You have boastfully proclaimed yourself a "glutton for punishment" twice in your build thread.

Long time since any updated. Because i'm a glutton for punishment, I decided to go turbo as well
          And because I am a complete glutton for punishment, yet another project...
          » PARTS FOR SALE
          » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

please post back on what they say.

Comment

Yeah, I would try contacting the supplier before trying to force something so apparently wrong into my subframe, then go on a public forum and shit talk them..

Don't make a small mistake into a big deal. Shit happens, they're a reputable company, contact them, they'll make this right...
              Originally posted by wholepailofwater
              Q
              :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

I’ve had nothing but success with Garagistic s products specifically with the adjustable rtab and bushes. I call user error.
                Build Thread
                https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=419655
                Parts Thread
                https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=408302

Comment

Call it what you want. I get it, there aren't many manufacturers that support the e30 chassis anymore...but just because of that doesn't mean I have to accept sub par parts, especially when I pay top dollar for them...

I do sales and travel throughout the week and take my weekends, when companies are NOT open, to work on my car. If a part doesn't fit and doesn't work, that is a problem. Every free moment I have is precious due to that fact and if something doesn't fit, work as advertised, etc. that really fucks my timeline and schedule. I get it, there are some parts that work great. If I had ordered their poly bushings, they likely would have worked ok. These DO NOT however, and I have dial caliper readings showing that they do not. Buy them if you feel like you should, I honestly couldn't care if you do. This is just my forewarning as I couldn't find ANY reviews of their DELRIN bushings.

To garagistic's credit, they sent me a new set of subframe bushingsbased on my dial caliper readings, despite the fact that the rtabs are way more out of spec, but its too late. I ordered and installed Condor Speed Shop bushings with ZERO issue...It isn't/wasn't install error, the parts were out of spec and delrin doesn't have the give needed to compensate. If you don't like real world experience then look away, buy form them, and see how it goes. Just a fair warning being that EVERY part I have purchased form them hasn't fit without significant modification, or in many cases, at all...

build thread has readings. I'm not taking any more time to go through the motions to get the links for it...

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                    i bought a delron bushing for the shifter carrier that bolts to the trans and it was too small for the pin so i had to heat the pin
                    and melt it through. Worked out but... Ordered some other stuff and fit great though.
                    Yeah, al of their delrin stuff is out of spec as from what I can assume, they are making them based on the poly versions that have some give....All they had to do was put a disclaimer in some of their products, give instructions, etc. Not that damn difficult...Set proper expectations and everything will fall into place

Comment

I do sales and travel throughout the week and take my weekends, when companies are NOT open, to work on my car.

so you have a job like most people?
                      FS NY: two Audiobahn A235HC amps and audiobahn 1farad capacitor
                      Saab/GM tech2 programming
                      My for sale thread
                      1990 325iX for sale or part out
                      Did you buy something from me? Please leave feedback!

Originally posted by K20RI_211
                      And I have to ask if you make a hobby out of thread-bombing with retarded questions?

Comment

Working...
                      X