Throttle housing with fused gasket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle housing with fused gasket?

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like pawsforbear.

I opened up the throttle housing as Im tearing down my M42 and I noticed that either this is some kind of glued gasket or the original gasket was fused?

The picture doesnt look it, but I cant tell if this was ever a true gasket. It's almsot flush against the face of the throttle housing. Im not even sure theres anything to scrape off.

RealOEM shows it as a separate gasket, but I dont even see how this was ever even a gasket.

do I need to somehow scrape this clean or can I throw another gasket on top of this?

Scrape all that off, may not be much on the manifold, but get it off.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

It's a thin metal gasket which crushes when installed.

Comment

Originally posted by oldmann View Post
        Scrape all that off, may not be much on the manifold, but get it off.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
        Whats the best way to get it off? Im afraid of tanking a razor to it and making fine gouges all over the throttle body. I've heard that there are some fittings to put on a drill, but others are saying that could blow fine particles everywhere...

Im at a loss. Its certainly not easy to remove.

Comment

Go ahead and use a razor blade on it, after all, it's not a cylinder head.

If you do end up gouging it badly you can always carefully fill it/compensate with RTV.

When you finish I'd be interested to know if that's two gaskets or one that separated.

Comment

Working...
          X